Meriton Suites Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
  • Pool
Earls Court Motor Inn(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$ 72
US$ 152
Travelocity
US$ 73
US$ 70
Mantra at Sharks(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 80
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

I had some house work done and had to stay 1 night in a motel. Very friendly staff nice room and close to Aus fair n local restaurants And public transport the room was very clean comfortable bed. Can't complain 5/5 .
Not expensive at all I'd recommend this place to all my friends

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
SundaleMotel, Manager at Sundale Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Thank you for your Kind words. We often get repeat customers who enjoy staying here but rarely take time to comment.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

The room downstairs was awful! The fridge didn't work & the bathroom had a leaky toilet,it was so uncomfortable being there but I was desperate so I lasted the week out as there's no refunds available..The reason I switched from the upstairs room was as I've mobility issues so when the downstairs room became available(a warning about that upstairs room,too,the Tv doesn't picked up the ABC channel!).I've stayed there years ago & it was cheaper & better,so I'm unsure as to why now even though they've made more rooms available/expanding it it's gone downhill now..

Room Tip: Take an upstairs room if you're able to! @ least the fridge works & no leaking toilet!(But won't tune into ABC TV).
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Aviva B
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I was so very impressed with the personal service here, the staff were friendly and extremely helpful.
Well contained, simple rooms perfect for business trips and overnight stays.
I will definitely be returning :)

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2014

My partner and I realised we had made a mistake as soon as we drove into the car park.
The owner is un-friendly, un-helpful and rude. We had no air con unless you pay $10! We paid for wifi and it didn't work! When we told the owner it wasn't working, he made no effort to help us as he was too busy playing with his phone.
I almost cried when I walked into the room... Dingy, old fashioned, un-hygenic and falling apart and don't even get me started on the smell! It looks like it hasn't been touched since the 60's
It is the worst motel I have ever been to.
Do not go here! Go to the Tropicana Motel located on the Gold Coast Highway opposite Pacific Fair Shopping Centre. It's a lovely motel and it is cheaper than this dump!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lucy L
SundaleMotel, Owner at Sundale Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Dear Lucy L from Geelong,
I have reviewed your publicly published profile where you are toasted as a "Foodie", "Trendsetter" and "Luxury Traveller" and apart from the fact that you spammed a hefty 18 reviews on 27 Dec, then a further five on 28 Dec, followed by another six on 9 Jan your un-traceable and therefore un-verified stay at my property allegedly occurred a whopping 10 months prior to making these derogatory statements. Genuine reviews tend to be prompt and not include raves about other similar properties. People using this forum are intelligent, informed travellers searching for genuine, helpful reviews not this sort of scathing, unverified SPAM. Each of the 29 reviews you've made about a host of very reputable Gold Coast business including the Chevron Renaissance, Q1, and Grand Chancellor paints a grim picture of your own ability to see that the Gold Coast is a diverse place to shop, dine and enjoy a well deserved break from the everyday. And for those reading reviews on any forum when assessing the relevance of reviews it is always advisable to look at the reviewer's other posts to determine if they are a indeed a like minded soul and someone who'll be allowed to determine the outcome of your own experience. Here's to a happy, healthy 2015 filled with positivity and good thoughts. Janine Mills - Owner Sundale Motel.

Reviewed 19 September 2014

No A/C unless you pay an extra $10.00 for a small extension cord - strange but true - see photo's,the lead from the A/C is about 30cm short.
# Very poor,dangerous and confusing entry/exit.
# Could be too noisy for some people with a busy intersection out the front and the tram line.
# Internet advertised online and on the large lit sign out front,costs $5 per day given to me for free because it DOES NOT WORK ( staff are fully aware of this)
# Washing machines are very very dirty,not cleaned for a long time.
# The tragic little hemp mat at my front door had not been cleaned for a very long time also,did it myself,very bad 1st impression.
# Found a very sharp and dangerous shard of glass at the foot of my bed on the carpet after 2 days,very glad that I did not step on it.
# Very poor room security with only 1 poor sad lock on the door,with no security screens being on the ground floor or even any fly screens on the door or any windows.
# Staff are very defensive about any feedback/queries although they say that they welcome feedback - NOT TRUE.

After my one complaint the day before about my next week booking not being written down,and my query about the A/C lead being so short the staff told me that I should leave so I did!!!

Although they clearly knew that I was staying with them because my wife had to have urgent open heart surgery in the Gold Coast University Hospital the very next day,cruel,callous and cold.

The truth about the sundale hotel is that it is a very old building waiting to be demolished by the owners to build/sell to developers,so very little if any money will be spent because of this - source staff member.

Because of this I found the staff members very detached and very apathetic lacking support from the owners with very predictable results.

I noticed that there is plenty of very easy things that could be done,but the staff lack motivation sad to say.

NOTE - Stayed 1 week on very short notice because wife had to have urgent open heart surgery.

Room Tip: Sorry cannot.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dalekate777
SundaleMotel, Owner at Sundale Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Hello Dalekate777,

Goodness gracious Dalekate777 you are ticked off aren't you? Sometimes when you feel that everyone you meet is against you it might be time to check your own attitude! After reading your numerous other posts about accommodations you've stayed in the spray I've copped is not out of character for you. I do understand that I'm supposed to be apologetic to you because the customer is always right etc. but the other truth is that sometimes the customer is just not able to be satisfied. I am not "cruel, callous or cold" thank you very much and if you found my happy, easy-going manager to be "detached and very apathetic" you are the first to do so! But that's enough negativity...to all my other happy travellers who may still be reading this...

We offer lovely clean, comfortable rooms and we are very conveniently located in the heart of bustling Southport. The Sundale Motel is a short stroll to the Broadwater Parklands with its amazing new Aquatic Centre and the Australia Fair Shopping Centre. You can climb aboard the brand new G:Link trams at the Broadwater Parklands Station which is directly across from our entrance and you will have a direct link to the new Gold Coast University Hospital or, travel south for all the fun of Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read our customer reviews and we are sincerely trying very hard to get it right everytime! Cheers, Janine - Owner.