“Excellent restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I are pretty fussy. We were looking for a quiet date night, with good food(I cook a lot at home, so we are especially hard on the food). When we showed up here, we were pretty stressed and feeling suspicious and a little cranky!
But here at Muddy Waters Cafe, we had one of the best nights out ever..
Even the herb bread was impressive(made on-site).
There was acoustic music, which was tasteful and nonintrusive, adding great ambience.
Looking out over the river, seeing the boats moored that night... it was wonderful.
The staff were friendly and helpful, almost slightly too friendly.
The food was very, very good. My one complaint, was that my duck was a little dry. But everything else in my dishes was good. My husband's steak was very good. Dessert was beautiful. And there was a great attention to detail in presentation.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Well worth a visit fantastic food, always try something differant havnt found a meal I don't like yet, sometimes I just stop for a glass of wine or a coffee always friendly staff.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

recommended by the Info centre, great location, good service & value for money

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have lunch here with the ladies from work because its a short walk and they have Beer battered barramundi to die for. They used to have the best pavlova ever but last time I was there it was no longer available on their menu which was devastating! But I guess I had to move on and try something new...so I picked the chocolate tart which was just as good! Their breakfast is delicious too.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Brilliant cafe/restaurant. fantastic flavours and great view. You have to try this place if you are ever in Maryborough or Hervey Bay.