“Great food”

Green Turtle Cafe & Bar
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Agnes Water
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 43
Description: Green Turtle Cafe & Bar is located onsite at Sandcastles1770 Motel and Resort in Agnes Water. We are open for Breakfast at 7am until 11am and Dinner from 5.30pnm until late. We have a fully licensed bar including freshly made cocktails and Bargara Brewing Companies Thirsty Turtle Lager on tap!
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The staff are friendly and very approachable, the food is good, not overly priced, we actually went back a second night as is was good, plus they had a good selection of wine which was not overly marked up either

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

My son and I stayed at Sandcastles last week and had the pleasure of dining in the attached restaurant - Green Turtle Cafe. I think the word cafe far under describes the range and variety of food choices. Our first night saw us dining in the restaurant with a lovely tropical feel. My son had a pizza which was so huge that it lasted a couple of meals. I had the creamy vegetarian rissotto and holy smokes! I was in Heaven. Every morsel was a surprise of creamy goodness with perfectly cooked rice. Our next night we did a take away of the veggie burgers and it was just as delicious and well prepared. Our last night I tried the Pumpkin and Walnut Salad and I still have that delicate sweet flavour in my mind. The front of house staff are just divine, especially Stephanie, a warm, caring human who radiates love and sunshine. We had one breakfast there and it also left us wanting more! I would totally recommend this restaurant. There is a different feel in the vibes, the food and the staff then when we last visited in December 16. Give this place a go, it won't disappoint!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We were told by taxi driver to try this place out and it could not be faulted the calamari come first and fast ,the risotto and 3 lobster tails came next all gluten free ,then the deserts what more can I say . A must try in Agnes

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We ate here on a one night stopover at "Sandcastles 1770 Resort & motel".
The staff were very friendly and professional and the food pppppcould not be faulted.
We shared an entree of dukkah coated cauliflower with aioli which was delicious, then I had sweet lips with ratatouille and spinach - the best fish dish I have had in 5 weeks of travelling! My husband had a chorizo, prawn & Napoli sauce fettuccine which he also said was excellent. We then had desserts - creme brûlée for me and brownie for him - both excellent!
The food, ambience & staff were excellent! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Green Turtle was a wonderful surprise in Agnes Water.
When I booked to stay at the resort, I didn't even realise that they had a restaurant. Then, hearing the name, labelling it a cafe/bar, I didn't have great expectations. But it had been a long day and we were hungry and tired, so we decided to be lazy and just get something quick and easy.
But the menu was not cafe/bar fare - more like gastro/bistro, although it ticked all the obligatory carbo-heavy pizza, pasta, garlic bread boxes for the "just feed me" crowd.
The surprise? The ones outside the box: the starter of "bread and three home made dips" was (were?) so delicious (it changes daily, so I won't tease you by describing them) had us fighting for the last morsels. That bread was heavenly!
My son's dessert (chosen off of a dessert blackboard that should be X-rated for those with a serious sweet cravings or dieting concerns) was superb. There were at least a dozen more mouth watering choices. I regretted not having enough room...
Will we be going back? Hell yeah.
PS lovely, friendly staff, happy to cater to the picky (me) or the inflexible (my better half) and the impossible (my son). And don't baulk at off the menu requests.
PS2 if you insist on having a negative criticism, here you go: it would be useful if they put lamps on the outdoor tables. We had to use our iPhones to read the menu.