“The worst all inclusive hotel ever - do not go here!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA

H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA
Ranked #79 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reading, United Kingdom
“The worst all inclusive hotel ever - do not go here!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Having read the reviews I went with an open mind. I wish I had taken notice.
The food in this hotel is a joke. If you can find anything that is edible to make a meal from you will be lucky. If you enjoy bones and fat in a stew then you will be fine. The same fish is served nearly every night. Don't expect anything remotely like english breakfast.
We had a choice of cold bean spouts, plastic ham or cheese. chocolate doughnuts and cereal that looks like sawdust sweepings. I asked for water at the bar one day and was readily given a small bottle. the next day i ask and was told i had to pay for it.!!!!. I said to the extremly miserable bar maid that I was all inclusive. She still insisted i paid. She then said "if you want water you can have this" she took same water from a pump and practically threw it at me. At no time was i rude to her. She said go and complain if you don't like it. I do not understand how you can have free alcohol but not water. There was a fight in reception the first night we were there and a fight around the swimming pool the second night. My sons bed was broken and had clearly been broken for some time.
It was a put up bed and the slates had just been laid on the bed. there were no fixings for them to hold the slates in. Rude bar staff!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank w191063
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We arrived at this hotel, allowing the hotel a fair chance despite having read the negative reviews. I will try and keep this short & sweet, the bar staff were horrid, vile animals. You would get better treatment from a nazi concentration camp guard. My disabled friend had experienced difficulties in getting to the bar, and the bar staff seemed totally oblivious to this demanding he presented himself to collect his half filled plastic cup - SHOCKING. The Spanish got much better treatment...I'm not happy with the way we were treated.!
The beach was nice as was the restaurants across the strip. I have demanded compensation from my tour operator....beware of the horrible bar staff and avoid this grotty nightmare hotel, unless you are a young backpacker.

Room Tip: The best room would be at a different hotel...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
15 Thank AddisonManchester

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Northern Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel was sold to me by Sunmaster hotels via Globallatedeals.com as a family holiday. On arrival we were greated by a German guy throwing a chair at a Polish Guy just outside reception. The kids were terrified. When i finally got to reception and handed in my details I was told that we were not booked into this hotel. I showed the receptionist my printout and also an email confirming our stay but she still insisted we were not booked in. After 1Hr she finally give us two rooms, my wife and one child in one and my other child and me in the other. Our kids were so upset by this stage. By the time we got to the room everything in the hotel was closed so we could not get anything to eat.. We decided to go to bed at 11.30 and by 02.00am I had been at the door of our neighbours 5 times about the noise. In the end I went to reception and the night porter came to the room with me. It was occupied by 7 German teenagers who were clearly off their heads on drink and drugs.
The next day in the hotel was the same, drunk teenagers and fights. We decided to try and move hotels so we went for a walk to view other hotels. When we came back I went to my room to ring Sunmaster about getting moved. I was in the room about 5mins when the door opened and in walked two new guests stating I was in their room. I went to reception and they said sorry that this was a mistake. NOT ACCEPTABLE. About an hour later my wife and one of my kids went to their room to get showered and guess what. Yes the hotel had allocated their room to other guests as well. They had moved in and emptied all their belongings even though our suit case was still in the room. This was the final straw.
When I booked this I was told the transfer from the airport to the hotel was 50 mins. It took us three hours ten mins as the coach stopped in every resort from the airport to lloret De Mar. We were moved hotel to the Hotel Samba which was not much better. This hotel was also full of young people with no manners. At night time they sat on the balconies spitting at people below. If your looking for a family holiday this resort is not for you.
Being alinclusive was no help. If you bought a dring you got a proper glass and alinclusive you got a plastic cup. The snacks were beefburgers with no baps and cold sausages. STAY CLEAR. read my good reviews at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXYqaqkQDY

Room Tip: Stay clear
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank barryno1
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

were to start? got there late at night just wanted to get into bed... i found hairs in the bed, burn holes in the bed sheets.... i really felt like crying,i felt sick ... as ive paid less money in the past and getting a better hotel!! - bathroom door... its came away that much at the bottom you can see were they have tried to paint over to hide this, you look at the pictures on the internet i think i wont end up with that room... but you do ,very small and dingey DESPERATE for a re-vamp!!!! the pool is that small you cant really swim in it, there in a little jaquzzi on top but you have no chance of getting in this as the spanish are there even when they get out.. you pick up your stuff to get in and its full again god i really cant express how dissapointed i was with the holiday.....

absolutley packed with young germans wanting to play knockin and kicking on doors through the night... our door looked like it had been kicked in at some point, did not feel safe leaving money there at all...

all inclussive? its defo not that.. hardly any drinks to chosse from.. you have to pay for most of them .. whats the point in paying for ALL INCLUSSIVE!!!

FOOD- put it this way i spent most of my spending money on goin out for food what a waste of money- the chips were always cold- no gravy or anything to hide the horrid taste of it- no choice what so ever- most of the meat was Not cooked - few of us had bad stomach aches off the food- fruit was bad- desserts - no point in trying them- there disgusting!!!!

STAFF- there ok 1 day then moody the next - its the female staff that are mostly rude....
they shouldnt be in a customer service job if they dont like people!!! well the english i dont think they like as they went out the way for spanish guests which love to push in the ques you have been standing in for ages with 1 staff serving.

honestly just keep away its not value for money at all as you have to spend alot more eating out!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Faye27
Portreath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

8 of us went on my hen wk end here.... room basic which we expected for the price..but very clean..... food ok if you like salad and being pushed about by germans!!!!!! the all inclusive facility was a joke....the bar maid made you feel like you are in a concentration camp!!!! the receptionist was even worst...manners of a pig both of them!!! You were only aloud one drink per person and then! Male bar staff were ok if you wanted to be spoken to like you were a piece of meat...thinking all girls had fake boobs!! the only two people that were pleasent were the night man on reception and the cleaner!!
The beaches were close by and clean..if you go to the main beach you have to try the cocktails.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
H.TOP Calella Palace
H.TOP Calella Palace
#24 of 43 in Calella
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,829 reviews

Been to H.TOP Palm Beach & SPA? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK