See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Large room for family of four, very comfortable. Breakfast was nice.... Great location!!! Pool was a little outdated but spa looked very nice.... Very clean. Attached restaurant was very good, my husband got the Yugoslavian Platter.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Good location, Hotel does seem to have some challenges in maintenance, as well in service. Breakfast Buffet is so so, often you need to draw attention to the wait staff for replenishment, things run out. Food in restaurant is ok. Rooms are general nice, some beds are in age and every turn at sleep gives an ecstatic noise, so you try to lye like a stick to avoid this sounds. Clearly there is need for refurbishment.
In general it was ok, but consider to choose something else next time.

Room Tip: Rooms to the garden are better with beautiful view and less noise
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

We (8 of us) are currently staying at the Hotel Quellenhof and loving it! Our family was just in Paris and this has literally been been a breathe of fresh air. The town of Garmisch here is quaint yet still lively, the skiing is world class and the mountain views are spectacular. And the air is so fresh!

The hotel has been so great because we reserved two of their two bedrooms which has been an ideal amount of space. Each couple has their own bedroom and the cost was reasonable. The restaurant bar here has great prices in their drinks ( their draught beer is nice and they do a lager/sprite drink that is superb :). Breakfast is also included.

The location is wonderful because it is very close to town and skiing too! Tonite we actually drove to Austria for dinner-

We have been very pleased with Hotel Quellenhof and the Garmisch area!

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 3 October 2014

Arrived late due to traffic, however, the staff left my key in an envelope at the front desk area whaich had already closed. Room was fairly comfortable. My son slept in the loft room and had no complaints. Our booking included breakfast which was fairly extensive. The restaurant next door served great food late into the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chaparral24
Reviewed 2 October 2014

Don't... Simply don't... I had a dreadful experience at this hotel.

I arrived at about 6pm on a Sunday evening with my booking email. The receptionist was less than helpful and curtly told me that the hotel was full and the email was definitely not a booking. (This despite the fact that it stated so in both English & German). A lengthy conversation ensued and she checked their folders and confirmed the error was mine, the hotel was full and this definitely was not a booking. Presumably, I was to just go away.

During a long call to the booking agent, her main concern was that my mobile was too loud for her - somewhat ironic given she never offered to call from the hotel's phone. During that call she disappeared and returned to say she had found an "emergency" room I could use.

The state of the room was awful. The bathroom was dirty & in disrepair with a broken shower, broken shower curtain, large hole in the wall etc, the facilities were less than those booked, the curtains were hanging off the rail, stained carpets etc etc.

The following morning I went down to speak to the manager, who likes his employee was considerably less than helpful. He confirmed again that there was no booking. He stated he was "not interested" in the shortcomings with the room.

I reflected his disinterest in paying for the room given the appalling service he and his receptionist had offered me, the cost of the calls to booking agent to sort out their problem with over-booking, the utterly dreadful state of the room and his frank disinterest in my concerns. He told me to "just leave".

I regret booking this hotel and could not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo