All reviews japanese restaurant place to stay included breakfast comfortable bed river city china foyer air amenities
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel ist good with great river views

Check in was not ideal got a stinking smoking room that was changed but not in the most friendly way and without the expected apologies

Internet is fast and free

The food in the Chinese restaurant was good

Rooms are new and clean, not top standard but well isolated

All in all this hotel can be recommended to all business travelers

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Anton A
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Occupying prime space on the riverfront in the happening part of town, this is probably the city’s #1 place to stay. Good front door service, an imposing but tasteful foyer, a welcoming and efficient front desk with adequate English and a suite of decent restaurants round off the quality accommodations. This is China so excellence eludes it but it was a comfortable place to stay to which we’d return.

The good: our Superior River view Queen room was better than advertised – it had a king bed. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable and spacious. Everything expected was there and it all worked as expected. The bathroom is one of those fishbowl affairs with a view of the room – and vice versa, There is a screen unless you are alone or you believe that taking your ablutions constitutes entertainment. The décor is luxe hotel vanilla without so much as a hint of oriental excess. The bed was firm but comfortable, the linens fresh and crisp and there were enough pillows for each us to find our preference. The included wifi worked OK on all our devices. The included breakfast taken in the Western Restaurant is an expansive quality buffet affair of cross-cultural selections. Fresh, tasty and reasonably well organised although the seat-yourself arrangements can prove to be a scrum of there’s a crowd.

The not so good: some of the finishes and repairs in the bathroom were sub-standard and the bedroom would have been better of some of the stains on the carpet were not there. The bathroom lighting was not ideal for shaving or making up.

The annoying: common to most hotels in China, the air-conditioning has a neat little control panel that lets you adjust the environmental settings to your heart’s content but, in the end, you can only control the fan speed and the AC output is whatever has been decided by a higher authority. At least you can open the window although Jilin’s air is hardly something you want to invite in nor is the city hubbub.

Room Tip: The riverview rooms offer a superior outlook at night or in winter when it’s snowed over otherwise it’s a wide brown mud puddle.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tedstravelblogs
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Came to Jilin on business and the hotel was selected for me. It was given the thumbs up prior to arriving and I was not let down. Staff were friendly and while English was not widely spoken I got all the help I needed. rooms were great and I had great view over the river. Good pool and compact (but not busy) fitness area which I used. As it was -7 degrees outside I needed some exercise. A few quaint things about the hotel. No bar and you can't buy a beer at the ground floor lobby. But the mini-bar has beer and wine and is actually reasonably priced. With a little bit of persuasion we related with drinks (teas and beers) in the lobby without too much problem. The breakfast was a buffet style and generally good. However, beware of turning up towards the end of the allotted time The staff clear things away really promptly in readiness for next function. The Western Room hosts evening dinner but one had to compete with karaoke singing that tended to dominate.
Overall good value for the and I am more than happy to stay again for that alone.
The rooftop restaurant was however excellent. It looks formal at first but do not be put off at all. The food was fabulous and actually good value. Drinks were not expensive and staff really helpful. Tends, like most things here, rather early. We went back again as we simply had to repeat what we had the night before and catch up with the stuff we missed. I was with China veterans and indeed Chinese nationals and we were all impressed. A reason alone to stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank elrahd
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel with high quality service, big nice rooms with all amenities.
Staff is welcoming and doing his best to help.
The big but is to have a bar without a si fake drop of alcoholic drinks ...
Nevertheless hotel is recommended.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

The Jilin Winning Hotel is a great hotel. We were able to get a room facing the river which is a must. Definitely the most comfortable beds I've slept in in China.

Very little English at the front desk. There was confusion with my booking, but than make me wait they sent me up to my room, which was good. Very little knowledge of the Ice Rime stuff, which was disappointing.

38 Floor bar is very reasonably priced for a beer. 5th floor "western restaurant" provides excellent views west down the river. Not so western breakfast, but enough choice to get you through the day.

Highly recommended and I think terrific value for some luxury. Just don't expect much English (which is fine - not many Westerners come here).

One tip. If you walk behind the hotel and head right there is a lane/hutong that has a morning market with all sorts of fresh food being sold. Runs behind the Confucius Temple and gives a glimpse into real Chinese Daily life. Because the Ice Rime didn't appear on my visit, this market was the highlight of my trip to Jilin!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family