See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

hi good day .. would like to ask if they require visa going there if you are a filipino..planning to go there by next year.. solo backpacker from macau..this place is my dream place to visit before turning 30

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Zhangjiajie for some exploring around the national park and stayed at Pipaxi Hotel. The location is perfect for exploring the park as it's only 10min walk from the hotel to the main park entrance, and the staff are friendly, if you can get past the language barrier. So that earns them 2 stars.
As for the room, food and facilities, they are sadly lacking. Our room was very damp and musky, and all our clothes started to feel damp after 2 days there, our passport pages even started to curl. I dropped a memory card on the floor at one point, so I got on my hands and knees to find it under the bed, and noticed the flood hasn't been cleaned under the bed for a good many years, as thick dust, insects and rubbish proved that. The surfaces surrounding the toilet where men have missed the toilet in the past has not been cleaned very well and is now heavily stained all around the toilet.

The website mentioned a buffet breakfast, we went down on our first day and was given a bowl of noodles, rice porriage, and some bread buns, no buffet. The diner where breakfast was served was covered in mold and also was damp. So we didn't bother with anymore breakfasts during our stay, instead buying fruit in town and having that for breakfast. There also is no fridge in the room.

When this opened I'm sure it would have been an excellent hotel to stay at, but without any upkeep and maintance, it's sadly falling apart.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Had quite the experience here. Did not think it was so far away from a city or else would of double thought my location. Not much around this area. You do have access to small food restaurants and ATMs but no shopping or Bigger Stores. You are a 5 min walk from the National Forest though which was perfect for what we wanted. This city was full of construction so going anywhere else was horrible. Breakfast was standard but people working there were Amazingly Friendly and Very Helpful. Rooms were very standard could be more updated. View from the Room was amazing.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived at like 9 pm with no water in our room and we're told that there was no where to buy water at the hotel. I trecked up the road in the dark and bought water, only to return to the hotel to find a sign for a lobby convenience shop that was simply closed early that night. Awesome. The toilet in the room ran the whole time we were there and constantly spilled water all over the floor. The "fix" from the staff was to mop up the water 1 time and leave the drain open the whole time. Not to fix the toilet. Our room was quite unkept- moldy bathroom and shower- dirty and falling apart. The breakfast was not good. The location was great- 10 min walk to the park entrance- but I would not choose this hotel if I were to return. There have to be better budget options in a similar location.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We recently stayed at Pipaxi Hotel mostly as a cost saving trip. Knowing that what we'd get into staying at a budget hotel in China we did not expect much but a room and shower. We were totally surprised by our stay. Sure, it's not the Ritz, and the hotel could use a bit of a refresh here and there, but everything about the hotel surprised me. First the staff reached out to me directly and offered a driver service from the airport for 200 RMB. Knowing that English would be limited in that region I welcomed it. Our flight was delayed over 2 hours, and it was great to see our driver still waiting for us at the airport with my name on a sign. Poor guy had waited almost 4 hours for us, but he was still warm and welcoming with his limited English. Once we arrived, they had our room key ready for us, and check in was a breeze. Still very limited English, but with a little pantomime and a calculator, everything went smooth. The room was larger than I had expected and the bathroom clean. But the view was SPECTACULAR. I couldn't believe we were nestled in the amazing landscape. One of the quieter entrances to the park is only a 15 minute walk away, and I can tell you not having to find a taxi to get back was so nice. When we checked out, we had a late flight and had planned to tour the park for a few hours before departing. We had asked if we could leave our bags at the front desk and the hotel manager graciously let us keep the room free of charge until we departed for the airport so we could nap and shower. He even arranged the driver to take us back. Like I said, you can't expect a 5 star hotel room for a 3 star price, but what they offered was great and the service was top notch. Staff and convenience to the park were definite perks. Breakfast buffet is included, but it is a Chinese breakfast. The staff kindly brought us fried eggs, which I don't believe is on the normal menu but they took a little pity on us westerners not accustomed to eating rice, noodles, and cabbage for breakfast. I totally recommend this hotel for value, service, and convenience.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor Rooms have a spectactular view of the mountains
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple