See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Had quite the experience here. Did not think it was so far away from a city or else would of double thought my location. Not much around this area. You do have access to small food restaurants and ATMs but no shopping or Bigger Stores. You are a 5 min walk from the National Forest though which was perfect for what we wanted. This city was full of construction so going anywhere else was horrible. Breakfast was standard but people working there were Amazingly Friendly and Very Helpful. Rooms were very standard could be more updated. View from the Room was amazing.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived at like 9 pm with no water in our room and we're told that there was no where to buy water at the hotel. I trecked up the road in the dark and bought water, only to return to the hotel to find a sign for a lobby convenience shop that was simply closed early that night. Awesome. The toilet in the room ran the whole time we were there and constantly spilled water all over the floor. The "fix" from the staff was to mop up the water 1 time and leave the drain open the whole time. Not to fix the toilet. Our room was quite unkept- moldy bathroom and shower- dirty and falling apart. The breakfast was not good. The location was great- 10 min walk to the park entrance- but I would not choose this hotel if I were to return. There have to be better budget options in a similar location.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We recently stayed at Pipaxi Hotel mostly as a cost saving trip. Knowing that what we'd get into staying at a budget hotel in China we did not expect much but a room and shower. We were totally surprised by our stay. Sure, it's not the Ritz, and the hotel could use a bit of a refresh here and there, but everything about the hotel surprised me. First the staff reached out to me directly and offered a driver service from the airport for 200 RMB. Knowing that English would be limited in that region I welcomed it. Our flight was delayed over 2 hours, and it was great to see our driver still waiting for us at the airport with my name on a sign. Poor guy had waited almost 4 hours for us, but he was still warm and welcoming with his limited English. Once we arrived, they had our room key ready for us, and check in was a breeze. Still very limited English, but with a little pantomime and a calculator, everything went smooth. The room was larger than I had expected and the bathroom clean. But the view was SPECTACULAR. I couldn't believe we were nestled in the amazing landscape. One of the quieter entrances to the park is only a 15 minute walk away, and I can tell you not having to find a taxi to get back was so nice. When we checked out, we had a late flight and had planned to tour the park for a few hours before departing. We had asked if we could leave our bags at the front desk and the hotel manager graciously let us keep the room free of charge until we departed for the airport so we could nap and shower. He even arranged the driver to take us back. Like I said, you can't expect a 5 star hotel room for a 3 star price, but what they offered was great and the service was top notch. Staff and convenience to the park were definite perks. Breakfast buffet is included, but it is a Chinese breakfast. The staff kindly brought us fried eggs, which I don't believe is on the normal menu but they took a little pity on us westerners not accustomed to eating rice, noodles, and cabbage for breakfast. I totally recommend this hotel for value, service, and convenience.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor Rooms have a spectactular view of the mountains
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eric G
Reviewed 17 October 2015

We selected this hotel as it is located close to the South Entrance of the Zhangjiajie Forest Park. We had some problems in finding this hotel as the name is written only in Chinese and the people on the street did not understand English. After check-in which took us for a while we found out that the room was not provided with soap or shampoo in the bathroom. The odour from the toilet was so strong that we had to close it all the time. There was no tea (or the facility for making tea/coffee) in the room. We acknowledged that the room and the beds were clean.

The picture of the hotel with the mountains was misleading as we booked the room with mountain view and we didn't see any mountains

Breakfast was intended mainly for local tourists. No tea (coffee is rarely provided in budget hotels in China) was available, although hot water was provided. Only fried rice, fried noodle together with some fried vegetables and tufu were available.

We moved out the next day to find another nearby hotel with better quality and cost of less than half of what we paid at Pipaxi.

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Pipaxi 2 seperate nights in different rooms before and after our visit to the nearby park. It is evident that the hotel has a good locations and builds.on that. The rooms were ok at the most. Lots of stains everywhere and fungi in both bathrooms.
Breakfast was, as stated in earlier reviews asian and not western.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple