All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesegg pattiesan older hotelstay there againquiet areathe breakfast areanorth carolinafirst floorparking lotlong drivestopfridgefranchisemidnightcerealcoupon
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We stayed here one night on the way down to Charleston,SC. First floor King room #110 in a non-smoking room. The staff was polite and efficient. The room was clean but it twas a cold night and the heat was only so so. Breakfast was the usual. They are in the process of remodeling the breakfast area.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We stayed here a few months ago, but I didn't get around to rating it. On the previous visit, they had run out of rooms with king size beds, so we settled for two double beds. Not so tonight, we had the room next door to the previous one, with a nice big bed for the two of us.

The room is surely adequate, had everything we needed. The fridge is larger than one of those tiny cubes in the budget motels, and had a freezer section for our blue freezer bricks that keep our coolers cool during the next day's travel. The room was clean, and the surroundings quiet.

We travel I-95 a fair amount these days, and this has been a good place to stay that was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: First floor is easiest, you pull up to your room, easy to unload the car into the room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hunter112
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This motel is on the low end of the spectrum. The coupon rate was reasonable. We arrived at midnight and had to be buzzed into the locked lobby door. It makes sense, but, isn't a good sign. Check in was ok. Told computers were slow. But, you know what new ones would cost to set up. Our room was on the second floor. Have fun carrying up your suitcases. The room was typical for this motel class. It had a funky smell. Ok for the night.
If you are willing to splurge an extra $25, you can do much better elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Beth S, Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for stating your concerns as what you think matters. Reason for the door being locked is mearly because my front desk are here by themselves and it's as a precaution. Not that anything has happened and pray it never does. As to having to go upstairs that may be because my down stairs goes quickly. So just a little advice when u make a reservation make sure to note u want a down stairs. Hope this was helpful to you and hope you have a good week.
Beth Sullivan
Asst. GM

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Just stayed a night. The overall experience was fantastic,, Room was clean and comfortable. The owner and staff care. Nice hot breakfast was a plus.
They are a franchise, but this one stands tall with the big boys.
I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

PROs:
The office staff were friendly and tried to help.

Unlike some other reviews (which I believe), my room was clean.

The furniture and carpet were in good condition, and appeared to have been replaced relatively recently.

The equipment level was fine, everything to be expected from a motel of this class. Granite vanity countertop, adequate microwave, good-sized mini-fridge, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, tissues, decent-size flat-screen TV.

The window curtain closed well and was good at keeping the light out.
CONs:

The door system is very finicky. Tired and stiff from my drive, the last thing I needed was to have to walk back to the office and obtain help in opening the bleeding room door – but that is exactly what I had to do.

I was planning to relax by the pool as an unwind from my drive. I was careful to ascertain when making the reservation that the pool was still open. In fact, not so – closed for the season.

Their system for the breakfast seems to be that all items are put out at the opening, and there is no staff monitoring the breakfast area or making any renewals. The result was that, although fortunately there were still sufficient food items at 7:50 am when I showed up, the coffee was long gone. The juice was also non-existent, nor was there any milk.

COMMENTS:

The check-in for my reserved room was problematic. Although friendly, the office staff need training.

The air conditioner worked well (it was an unseasonably warm day), but the thermostat worked poorly. I needed to set the thermostat to 62 degrees in order to maintain an actual room temperature of 70 degrees.

I was not disturbed by noise from other rooms. However, there was only a modest crowd checked in, so the soundproofing really was not tested.

Would I stay again? Maybe.

Would I recommend to a friend? Probably not.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank InformedTraveller
Beth S, Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here. It seems we had everything you needed during your stay and everything worked great. We look forward in seeing you again when ever you are in the area. Please note, we do try our best to meet all the needs of our guest and as we are human, we sometimes miss that mark. I am glad you stayed here and gave us a chance. Have a wonderful week.
Beth Sullivan