“Pretty nice - would recommend”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Estero, Florida
“Pretty nice - would recommend”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed here, with our dear dog Doc, for one night on our last trip from Vermont to Florida and were pretty pleased. Our first-floor room was large and well-equipped with high ceilings that gave it a very spacious feel. The grounds were very neat and attractive. A couple of minor concerns: the air conditioning was too cold and had to be turned off; the hotel is located a distance from Interstate 95; and the price seemed high compared to many of the other nice, dog-friendly properties we have stayed in.

2 Thank Beachtango
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Beachtango:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff as well as your concerns. I hope Doc enjoyed his stay as well. We'll look forward to your return soon.

Tara Nelson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Glenmont, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2012

First of all, we will start with the positives. The place is not bad. It is OK for one night. The staff is very nice. The breakfast is a nice hot buffet and it was well stocked. Our disappointment was with our room. It was an older room which seemed to be in need of remodeling. It was supposedly a non-smoking room, but you could definitely tell that it had been smoking at one point before. It was old and musty smelling and our allergies were affected by our night's stay here. We used the pool late in the evening, and it was pretty clean for that point in the day, but when we were leaving the pool area, we saw a little gecko in the pool. For the money we paid, we expected it to be a little nicer.

2 Thank MySonDoesTheRating
Dear MySonDoesTheRating:
Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and providing us with feedback on areas which we can improve upon. I assure you our team will be working on these issues and they will be corrected upon your next trip.

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were making good time on our return trip from Orlando to Philadelphia and decided to push on. We called at 2:15 and received one of the last rooms available. It was a clean, well-lit double-queen. Despite being full on a Saturday night, the hotel was fairly quiet. Front desk staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was very nice with multiple staff members keeping up with hungry guests. Two of those new waffle makers were clean and working great. There was plenty of fruit, hot oatmeal, eggs, plenty of pastry, muffin, english muffin, and other selections. Cereal, yogurt, etc. Wonderful! Only minor complaint is that we could hear footsteps upstairs, but I can't really find fault. A bit on the pricier side, but we'd prefer to pay more for the aforementioned features.

Room Tip: As with all hotels, top floor avoids hearing footsteps above you.
4 Thank sleepydew
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear sleepydew:
Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write such a wonderful. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to having you back; should your travels bring you up or down I-95 again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Im not one to write reviews but felt the need to do so.

I stayed at this hotel last year with not issues. I recently stayed here for 2 nights, August 17-19th. The rooms are always clean, breakfast is wonderful, however their staff is terrible and this can have a major effect on you stay.

I booked my room a month in advance online and secured it with my Credit card. I called 2 days prior to my room, added an additional night, verified my room sitiuation, and time that I needed to arrive (which was ANYTIME because I secured the room with my credit card).

I arrived at the hotel 12:45 A.M, and one of the staff members says I have no reservations, and they were all booked. I said thats impossible and I have a confirmation. So she looks at me and states " WHAT YOU DO WANT ME TO DO? I JUST CANT MAKE A ROOM APPEAR?". i wanted to smack the ish out of her because that was just rude. I told her I had a newborn in the car with my husband, and we have been traveling for 6 hours for you to tell me I have no reservations, no room, and your booked, even though it was secured and I have a confirmation?

So then all of a sudden my room in formation appears! BS!! anyway... apparently someone canceled my room during the day. So she gave me a room for $40 due to the inconvenience (thought they were booked). Fine, I left it alone, a mistake, I was given a deal, I wiped my hands of it, and we had our room.

When I checked out, JANE, the staff member decides to change the rate I was quoted with all these additional charges. So I go down and try to rectify the situation, and she act like she didnt want to give me the rate of $40 for that one night. She states "well i changed it, because I thought she gave you the wrong price for this room"..for what? I said no, she quoted me the price and I signed a document. So she proceeded to still explain why she charge and Im like...no need to explain, just change it back, because it needs to be honored, I signed a document. So we agreed what the final price should have been, Okay, again, wiped my hands of it.

I check my statement 3 days later, and to my surprise she still billed me for the incorrect amount after we went over " 2 times" what the price should have been, and it was printed correctly on my statement. I recently spoke with the General manager and she was very kind and said she is going to see whats going on. That was 6 hours ago. I dont mean to be impatient, but does it take that long to credit someone the money that was owed? I am tired going back and forth, and I should not have to follow up to see what the status is on the issue. I know its not the General Managers fault, her staff memebers dropped the ball. I am so fed up with this place because I feel like they are dragging tale, and I just want this to be fixed already.

So I am giving corporate a call and filing a complaint with BBB. i usually dont go through all of this and just leave it alone, but I have had enough.

As far as the rooms, and food, excellent, but staff is not the best. Be sure to closely check your statement.

2 Thank TRAVELOR875
Dear TRAVELOR875:
I would like to again apologize for all your trouble with your reservation. I thank you for taking the time to write a review expressing your concerns. ALL feedback in areas where we can improve is welcomed. I'm glad to know all the billing issues have been resolved. However, should you further concerns and/or questions, please don't hesitate to call me directly.

Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2012

First time I have ever stayed in a Country Inn and did not know what to expect. I was very pleased with my visit here. The Inn was clean, the complimentary breakfast was very well prepared, the front desk staff was friendly and the location was perfect. I will make sure that the next time I have to stay in Rocky Mount, NC that it will be at this Country Inn & Suites. Don't hesitate to book your room here!
Cindy R

1 Thank Devildogmom63
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Cindy R:
Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites Rocky Mount, NC. I am so pleased to know that we have made a believer and hopefully a loyal customer to the Country Inn & Suites brand. We definitely look forward to your next visit.