“Great place to stop over”

Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We recently stayed here overnight on our way home from FL. We checked in a little late to be able to use the pool but it did look inviting. The bathroom looked a little worn but the rest of our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We all enjoyed the excellent breakfast that was provided. I would definetely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
belashah, Manager at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank You for the feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us again in the near future. We thank you for taking the time to express you exprience with us.
The Staff of the Holiday Inn Expess & Suites, Roanoke Rapids, NC

Reviewed 25 June 2012

After numerous awesome Holiday Inn Express stays, when my travels took me to the area, I booked this hotel without hesitation. What I found was a newly remodeled hotel, but I could see where corners were cut to make the remodel complete. My first clue was the sloppy paint job in saw as I made my way to my room with corners being over painted. The sloppy paint job extended into my room, noticeably in the bathroom, areas that needed to sanded before re-painting where simply painted over. My next clue was a peeling tub section.

Overall, my stay was average, but I wouldn't stay here again. As another reviewer noted, the hotel is close to the highway for easy access, all of the restaurants are at the next exit. Breakfast was decent and the staff was friendly enough. Next time, sadly, I will read the reviews before selecting another Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
belashah, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank You for taking you time to respond. It is our passion to create Great Hotels, Guest Love and we failed to do so in your case. I would like to take the time to stay that we are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. If you will please give me a call personally so that i may get the chance to apologize to you and to assure that the issues that you exprienced have been addressed. I would also like to help build you confidence in the brand that we both LOVE. Again Thank you for your response and choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Roanoke Rapids.

Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel after a long drive south and a nightmare experience at our original hotel 30 miles north. Besides a cold pool, there is little to say against this palce. It gave us a good night's rest and an excellent breakfast to go on our way.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank You for your response. I we look forward to see you again in the near future. Have a wonderful summer and Thanks for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids,NC

Wiley L. Davis Jr.
Co-General Manager
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Phone: 252.536.2300

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was very please with this hotel. I was traveling on business and they gave me a Government Employee rate which was $63.50. There is a lovely outdoor swimming pool, a small workout room and the FREE hot breakfast could not be beat! The room was very clean. I highly recommend staying at a Holiday Inn Express wherever you go! The money you save on breakfast alone is worth it!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be good and think they all over look the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank You for taking the time to tell us about you stay with us. It is our passion to provide our guest with service that you deserve. It is our passion to create Great Hotels, Guest Love. Thank you so very much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Roanoke Rapids. We looking forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Again Thank You,

Reviewed 29 May 2012

MY stay at the Holiday Inn Express was very relaxing and comfortable. the staff were always available and made sure all my needs were met. I really enjoyed my stay and I would refer my family and friends to stay there.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We like forward to your return.