“Great Stay for The Price”

Days Inn Raleigh South
Ranked #73 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 2 July 2012

June 21-24, 2012. Recently, I stayed at Days Inn on Wilmington St, NC. During my stay I found everything to be inorder as advertised. The rooms where clean, the pool was available and the rate was great. I was accompained by two adults and six teenage girls. The hotel was located in a good area..where shopping centers and convient stores where right around the corner. The breakfast was continential however, the hotel was directly across from a Pancake/Waffle House. The staff was friendly and helpful and I a particularly enjoyed talking to the owner/manager of the facility. I would definately stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone who does not want to spend a arm and leg on overnight accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I pulled in, totally lost, at 1:30 am; the hotel desk clerk put me in a room close to the front and my car; I was exhausted. The room was very clean and pleasant considering the price. I slept well, for the room was comfortable in every way. Five hours later, I explained to the same desk clerk that I was lost. He Googled where I was heading for and printed out the directions. I was thrilled to find that I was only 1/2 hour from my destination. I could not ask for better service or a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The building is old and worn. The bed was decent. Front desk service was so-so. Continental breakfast was below average. The pool was clean and nice. Free wifi, mini fridge, and microwave. This place attracts lots of party people, so it can be loud. The price was great. If I stayed in Raleigh again, then I'd probably try a different place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I arrived at the hotel a bit earlier than expected, and my room was not ready. The hotel had been sold out the previous night (a good sign!) and the housekeeping staff was a bit behind schedule. The manager was extremely polite and helpful, and he moved me to an upgraded corner room (with balcony) that was ready to go. The room was very spacious and comfortable and included a sofa. The wireless Internet was excellent--very fast. The bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The shower had good water pressure, but the shower head could have been about six inches higher. Considering the rate and the upgrade, this hotel was a steal! I certainly would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: The corner rooms (one king bed) are great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My family and I stayed here just this past weekend and we were met with incredibly arrogant and cocky service. They were extremely condescending all because the guy who checked us in did it incorrectly which was a totally agitating experience as well. Who treats people like this for a $16 difference. Never have I been treated at a hotel this badly. To top it off the rooms were not all that much anyway, the TV didn't work and the AC was also failing at times.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
0.2 km away
11.5 km away
Days Inn Raleigh Beltline
Days Inn Raleigh Beltline
#59 of 87 in Raleigh

Been to Days Inn Raleigh South? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK