“Working Late”

Courtyard Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
“Working Late”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The Courtyard staff went above and beyond to get me checked in Wednesday night. Thank you ladies

• Stayed March 2012
LKlimczy, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff! I will share this with them. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regards,

Leshel Klimczyk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Westfield, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My daughters and I were shuffled to three different rooms before one was actually ready. This was after we were told we could check in early that our room was ready. No keys were brought to us as the manager told us she would. The restaurant was outrageously expensive.($24.00 for a pizza and a BLT). Then we were slapped with a $25.00 charge for no reason. Still trying to work that out. Walls are very thin. You can hear people in the room beside you talking. Will never go back!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else and spend your money!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
LKlimczy, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay. I was disappointed to read that your stay was less than stellar but obviously not as disappointed as you were. I did send you an email via Trip Advisor and hope you received it.

While our goal is ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay, we definitely missed the mark in your case and for that I am very sorry. Having to move from room to room to find one is just not acceptable. And then to have to wait for keys which were promised just compounded what should have been a relaxing time for you and your daughters.

In regards to the $25 charge you encountered – we do take an incidental deposit or hold on the credit card when a guest checks in. This “hold” is not processed unless the guest chooses to charge to their room. With debit cards, it does show up as a “pending charge” which can be a bit misleading. I’m hopeful that you saw this removed on your statement a few days after you checked out.

Please accept my sincere apology for the multiple inconveniences you experienced. I am happy to discuss this further if you would like to contact me at the hotel. Your comments are appreciated and valued.

Leshel Klimczyk
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for a wedding on new years. The room was pretty standard, not horrible, but not great. The walls were paper thin, but it was new years, and people are going to party--and they did. The staff was excellent: helpful and pleasant. The reason we chose the hotel was it's proximity to the wedding venue. I'm sure that there are better hotels in the area, however, it's not a bad place to stay for one night.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank uncwmel10
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I like booking Marriott Courtyard's on business because I know what to expect. A good bed to sleep in and free wifi. This is a solid Marriott Courtyard with perhaps the most 'tricked out' lobby I have seen. The lobby has a full cafe with breakfast choice and a small dinner menu and appears to be brand new.

The room itself was fine, however this is one of the oldest Marriott properties I have visited. From my first steps into the room, it was evident this hotel was built (perhaps on the cheap) in the 1980's. The furnishings were typical tasteful Marriott but the actual construction is dated. The walls were VERY thin and I could hear most everyword from my loud neighbors next door. The bathroom was spacious and well appointed.

The hotel is well located and you are only a few minutes drive from the North Hills Shopping Center that has everything you need.

Overall, this is a solid, albeit not exceptional, Marriott property and would consider staying here again on my next business trip to Raleigh.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Courtyard Raleigh Midtown is about 5-6 miles away from town center, however well connected to most of the city and airport (about 15-30mts drive). Some renovation work was happening when i have stayed in this hotel in March. Decent breakfast, and fairly good rooms. Across the road, few dining options available.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business