“Italian and other surprises”
Review of Johnny Carino's Italian - CLOSED

Johnny Carino's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From our signature Handmade Lasagna to our famous Spicy Shrimp and Chicken, Carino's offers Italian
Reviewed 13 January 2016

This is one of my favorite restaurants and I visit here often. This is my go to spot if I am trying to decide on dinner or my suggestion if looking for a place to go with guests. I have seen some changes over the years but they have not affected me and my experience. The food is always fresh, fast and tasty. The service is great. The drinks are good. The menu has great choices and they have good, reasonably priced specials. I come during the week. They have a half price family platter night so you get the family size portion for a single dinner price. This stretches my dollar as I eat off of it at least 2 more meals. I also come on Thursday and indulge in what I call a surprise...their ribs. Who knew? You are often told to go to a restaurant for what they are known for and stay away from those menu oddities, however, you will not go wrong getting the Italian ribs. Succulent, saucy, fall off the bone, finished with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. The other surprise to me is their small bite desserts. My favorite dessert is the turtle cheesecake. I usually get it to go because I am so full, but if you have a little room left, you can have the mini which is literally about 3 spoonful. They have great appetizers...Italian fire sticks, Italian nachos and stuffed mushrooms. They have great entrees...lasagna and chicken bowtie festival. There is plenty of space in the dining room both tables, booths and the bar. Bathroom has been clean when I used it and a great atmosphere with smooth music.

I have seen a decline in the number of people but I tend to come when it is not that busy and I think it is located at the end of a very busy shopping center with many other good places to eat. I can't comment without talking about the rating, which I have seen increase more and more. Maybe that is the reason, but it has never let me down so I will continue to give them my business.

They also have a very nice room for corporate functions or parties.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

Very convenient, like the menu and fun to be there with kids, but get very noisy and so we prefer other places near by like Brasa

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Johnny Carino's left our area a few months ago, so we were very excited to see this one last night. Food was awesome and the staff was friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

we shared a salad and combo meal because it was so big. the combo has a half order of spaghetti and chicken parm and a whole order of lasagna.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

I was staying nearby and had not been to this chain in awhile so I thought why not? Never again. The service was slower than slow for a simple order for one person. I mean how hard is it for an italian restaurant to make pasta and meatballs. Finally when the food arrived I asked my waitress if they stopped serving bread with their entree's? Her reply was you mean you want another loaf? I said no I have not received any. She came back and said well I must have lost it somewhere so we put some in the oven. The bread arrived as I was finishing dinner. The meal was average the service poor no reason to ever come back.