“Worst time out in awhile”
Review of Johnny Carino's Italian - CLOSED

Johnny Carino's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From our signature Handmade Lasagna to our famous Spicy Shrimp and Chicken, Carino's offers Italian
Reviewed 30 October 2015

I was staying nearby and had not been to this chain in awhile so I thought why not? Never again. The service was slower than slow for a simple order for one person. I mean how hard is it for an italian restaurant to make pasta and meatballs. Finally when the food arrived I asked my waitress if they stopped serving bread with their entree's? Her reply was you mean you want another loaf? I said no I have not received any. She came back and said well I must have lost it somewhere so we put some in the oven. The bread arrived as I was finishing dinner. The meal was average the service poor no reason to ever come back.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

My wife, daughter, grandson and myself visited Johnny Carino's restaurant in Brier Creek in Raleigh and had a wonderful visit. The food and service were very good and the portions were good.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Greeted by the manager (just luck?) showed to our group seating already previously arranged. Professionally attended by our serving staff member and food was also good everyone had their food quick and hot without any complaints. Prices was very fair and prepare for big portions they are big. At the end it was tasty food good service and reasonably priced menu recommend it.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Service slow due to most likely kitchen issues. Server was attentive and not the issue. Food: lasagna was average, chicken bowtie fiesta hardly edible, three meat pizza less than edible. The children's chicken fingers/fries surprisingly good. Spoke to the manager upon leaving. He apparently isn't interested in trying to accept constructive advice and his response was "try us again you might like it"! Not a good dining experience and won't darken Johnny Camino's Brier Creek again.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Went with my partner to Johnny Carino's at Briar Creek for dinner on Saturday. It is a bit pricey, but thanks to a Groupon deal it was reasonable. They offer a somewhat limited menu, but have daily specials added. We got the Lasagna family deal and had food left over to take home. The lasagna was very good, hot and fresh. They also included fresh baked bread and seemed to be unlimited. They also had daily drink specials. That day was red sangria that was described as blackberry but tasted more like raspberry. Not my taste, so I got a glass of good cabernet instead and gave me no argument about the change. The server was very attentive to our needs. The only negative was the sanitation grade of 90, but it seems that most of the restaurants we have patronized at Briar Creek have had similar ratings....why is that? Nonetheless, the experience was overall positive, and we would return in the future, especially if I could find another Groupon or Living Social deal. THat would certainly make it worthwhile.