“THE BEST Apple Fritters! Great assortment of cake donuts, curlers,filled”
Review of Bakers Dozen

Bakers Dozen
Ranked #7 of 33 Bakeries in Raleigh
Reviewed 13 January 2016

My husband works in the area and his coworkers get donuts from here all the time. They say it's the best donuts around. So I was finally able to make it over here for my donut fix. They are known for their apple fritters, which my apple-fritter-aficionado claims is the best around. And I agree. They are wonderful.

The Baker's Dozen has a great selection of cake donuts with various icing, fillings and flavors. So thankful for another great donut shop around!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Oh, my heavens, where has this place been my whole life? I recently checked out this little hole in the wall donut shop on the recommendation of a few friends and Lordy, am I glad I did. The place is in the older Sough Hills Mall, it's clean and despite being 10 am, the shelves in the display case were groaning from a plethora of donuts to choose from. I bought a half dozen....1 cruller, 2 chocolate glazed cake, a Boston Cream filled, a white cream filled and a raspberry filled glazed donut. The first impression upon biting into one is how fresh they are. I don't think I've ever eaten a donut that fresh and light. The filled donuts were almost overfilled and surprisingly not overly sweet either. Did I mention how fresh they are?

Worth the trip to get a dozen.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

We stopped here because my husband found this little shop online and the reviews were great. I love a good apple fritter and had not found any I liked in this area - the last one I had was 2 years ago in Myrtle Beach. The apple fritter was such a super treat and we will be back again.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

This family owned shop provides just what you want when you are in the mood for donuts. The staff and owners are friendly and produce a very nice product. They make you feel you are a valued customer.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

They weren't open at 6:30 one weekday morning, otherwise I'd give them 5 stars. I finally stopped in on a Saturday, and I'm glad I did. The doughnuts are soft, sweet, and mouthwatering, and better than Krispy Kreme. I'm so glad its not another stale Dunkin' Donuts type shop (ugh!). For those of you that like cake doughnuts (none for me, thanks), they have those as well. The staff is very nice and I'll definitely be coming back.