“Good cupcake; too much icing”
Review of Gigi's Cupcakes

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gigi's Cupcakes
Ranked #25 of 33 Bakeries in Raleigh
Reviewed 16 March 2016

We celebrated with Gigi's cupcakes today. I ate the Birthday Surprise cupcake (white cake with "pink" buttercream icing). The cupcake itself was very good; it was light (not dense), flavorful, and moist. The icing was also good, had a nice texture and very rich. Unfortunately, the cupcake to icing ratio seemed equal, ie., way too much icing. In some respects, it overpowered the cupcake. Many of us ended up scraping off all or the majority of the icing for fear of going into a diabetic coma. I rated Gigi's as "very good" because both the cupcake and icing individually were tasty; they just need to show some restraint with the icing.

1  Thank ibdqt34

Reviewed 1 November 2015

If you want a great cupcake and you are in the Brier Creek area, visit Gigi's. The cupcakes, cheesecakes, and probably any other kind of cakes they make are delicious. If you want 5 dot service, lower your expectations. You won't find it here.

The cupcakes we ordered were the Maple Bacon, Candy Bar, Kentucky Bourbon, and Chocolate Cheesecake. All of them were special in their own way. The Maple Bacon was the best I have had anywhere in NC or Va. The other cupcake were very good as well.

The cupcake were all moist, large, and sweet. In fact, when we visited this location, there were not many cupcakes left to order. This is a good indicator that the cupcakes they sell are delicious.

That said, the reason I didn't give this establishment a 5 dot rating was solely based on the service. The cashier had a tendency to rush customers. Every time I asked for a cupcake, the response was "Is that all?" It was as if the person was ready for me to leave before I even got my order out.

Some lesson in customer service would be beneficial to a place like this. Instead of asking "is that all," try asking "what else can I get you?" It takes the same amount of time and it would've made my wife order the pecan pie that was at the window instead of just taking the few cupcakes we ordered and leaving.

Overall, great were the cupcakes we ordered. We will likely visit again. However, the service was shoddy and needs some work.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Absolutely amazing cupcakes but very sweet, so make sure you have milk or water on hand and lots of it! I prefer the wedding cake cupcake and the princess cupcake! Do not put in fridge! The sugar gets very hard and that's not fun! Enjoy!

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I visit this shop whenever I'm hanging out in the area and I have never been disappointed. I admit the staff seems uninterested at times, but to be honest, they smile and help me just fine. They're bakers, not waiters, and they nail the baking part just fine. If it wasn't for the intense sugar rush and calorie count, I'd probably make my way here once a week.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

I went into Gigi's cupcakes to see what all the hoopla was about, especially after watching Gigi on "Undercover Boss". I must say I was disappointed. A few of the cupcake flavors had the 3 swirls, others didn't. I asked about the 3 swirls and mentioned how important that was to Gigi on her show but did not get a response. As for taste, they were alright. I have had better. Maybe will try again in the future, but not in my bucket list of important things to do.

Been to Gigi's Cupcakes? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK