“Best for Allergy Concerns”

Bella Monica Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monica Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,537 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I have Celiac as well as dairy intolerance and a shellfish allergy. I was welcomed in with menus that addressed all of my allergies. Their gluten free/dairy free bread was incredibly delicious. I chose their chicken with spinach which they grilled using olive oil rather than butter. They had a sorbet for dessert. A wonderful outing since we seldom eat out due to fears over cross contamination.

1  Thank Sue H

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I’m actually writing a review for your newest restaurant, Stellinos in Cary. I don’t see them listed yet but wanted to be sure you got this great review. We loved the onion topped focaccia bread. The rolled and filled eggplant was amazing! Poring are huge so ate other half for lunch the next day. We will definitely return to try the famous baked ziti and tiramisu. Our kids enjoyed their pasta and meatballs as well. Love love love your gravy! Service and modern ambiance was great too.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Having just got home from a month of travelling in US, I just have to wright a review on this little place, I have Coeliacs Disease so at times found it difficult to eat safely in the US. However this place was a total dream and the food was out of this world. It was really busy as we have not booked but we could access the full menu at the bar and we had no issue with this. In fact this made the who experience more enjoyable as we were able to speak to the lovely Wine Director Canaan. She really knew her stuff about all the wines and offered the best customer service ever. She even booked us an Uber as we had no access to them. As for the food, it was the best Italian Coeliac food i have ever eaten, i was even given focaccia which as Coeliacs known to get Gluten Free bread is a task, never mind one that tasted like "normal" bread. If we ever vistt Raleigh again we will be eating here without fail. Its in my top 3 of places i have eaten on my travels. Thank you to every one there especially Canaan.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I confess that I don't visit this establishment too often (live too far away), but it really is worth the visit, but get there early (no later than 6pm) as it is very very popular.

My 7 year old son has recently developed a gluten sensitivity, and though most decent restaurants cater for his needs, Bella Monica served gluten free garlic bread (fabulous), pasta and even tiramisu. All three were terrific and were very well received by the youngster.

Meanwhile, the pork tenderloin entree is wonderful, as is the wedding soup. I also had the creme brûlée napoleon which is a light and artistic take on the norm.

I'd love to have a draft beer option but otherwise this restaurant is spectacular.

1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I can't say enough great things about this fabulous restaurant. They have a wonderful and seasonal menu. Wait staff is great--very accommodating!! I am gluten intolerant and they were very indulging in having lots of options, gluten free bread, and the most delicious gluten free cheesecake. I went there for my daughter's 29th bday and loved it so much that I went there for my 60th bday. They had written Happy Birthday on the sidewalk outside with my name on it i chalk. Love this place!