“Live music and solid food choices”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,532 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Went in while visiting friend in Chapel Hill. Had the chili relleno after seeing it served at another table. My friend had the Morgan Street chicken. Both were outstanding! Arthur, the owner, came by to check on our service (excellent, thank you!)

Save room for dessert; the cobbler and vanilla creme brulee were a perfect ending to the evening.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had heard wonderful things about Irregardless and decided to book a table. We walked in at the time of our reservation and was told the wait was going to be a while or we could sit at a high top table. By looking around and seeing how many people were waiting, we decided to sit at the high top table. We were a little disappointed by this to start, as we weren't expecting a long wait or high top table as an option, as we had made a reservation and expected a table. So we sat down and as more and more people were coming to the bar area to wait for their table, the more crowded and loud it got. My husband kept getting bashed into by the waitresses and his chair, which was a swivel, kept getting knocked. As it was so busy, we couldn't really hear the music, either, and the hostess would stand in front of our table and yell out for party groups when their table was ready. Which in our opinion was just feeling like we weren't important or a valued customer. Our food was so so. My husband's steak was medium rare, which was perfect. However, my duck was very overcooked. The busboy who cleared our table at the end of the evening was very polite and very funny! He was the best part of our experience. We both felt like this place was overrated and don't plan on returning.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy the Irregardless for an evening with friends. The menu is diverse, the food is well prepared, and service is attentive. They have outdoor tables but we enjoy sitting inside and listening to music while we visit with friends. It’s a very comfortable neighborhood-style place.

1  Thank 254arthurk
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I met this place the last weekend. I went with some friends to celebrate a birthday. I just to say that the environment transported me to the 60's. The band played jazz, blues, and boleros.All the musicians were excellent; from the trumpeter to the singer. The food was delicious. i ordered a fish that was at its point with a kind of quinoa omelette, it was simply exquisite. There was also a dance group that delighted us with their choreography. All was perfect!!!! Highly recommended!!!!!!.... The price was affordable!!!
Isabel Abad

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I had lunch at the Irregardless Cafe when I was in town for a convention and staying at a nearby hotel that was within easy walking distance. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel’s front desk supervisor, and I thanked her for the suggestion when I returned.

I liked both my meal and the atmosphere. I was unhurried, and the waitstaff seemed to be very friendly and generally on top of things (although I had to ask for my water glass to be refilled.)

I would recommend the restaurant, and I would gladly return on a subsequent trip to Raleigh. I understand that there is a long line for Sunday brunch, and I would like to return in the evening when there is live entertainment.