“Comfortable atmosphere and reliable food”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,542 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy the Irregardless for an evening with friends. The menu is diverse, the food is well prepared, and service is attentive. They have outdoor tables but we enjoy sitting inside and listening to music while we visit with friends. It’s a very comfortable neighborhood-style place.

1  Thank 254arthurk

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I met this place the last weekend. I went with some friends to celebrate a birthday. I just to say that the environment transported me to the 60's. The band played jazz, blues, and boleros.All the musicians were excellent; from the trumpeter to the singer. The food was delicious. i ordered a fish that was at its point with a kind of quinoa omelette, it was simply exquisite. There was also a dance group that delighted us with their choreography. All was perfect!!!! Highly recommended!!!!!!.... The price was affordable!!!
Isabel Abad

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I had lunch at the Irregardless Cafe when I was in town for a convention and staying at a nearby hotel that was within easy walking distance. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel’s front desk supervisor, and I thanked her for the suggestion when I returned.

I liked both my meal and the atmosphere. I was unhurried, and the waitstaff seemed to be very friendly and generally on top of things (although I had to ask for my water glass to be refilled.)

I would recommend the restaurant, and I would gladly return on a subsequent trip to Raleigh. I understand that there is a long line for Sunday brunch, and I would like to return in the evening when there is live entertainment.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We went to Irregardless Cafe for dinner last weekend. I had heard good things about it, and decided to give it a try.

We did not know they had live music. The jazz ensemble was a very nice surprise. We had reservations, which I recommend on a Saturday.

We were greeted warmly, and seated at the bar while we waited. I ordered a honey bee, a drink I saw the bartender making for another customer. It was made with Makers...a really good drink.

We were seated within a few minutes at a table facing the stage. We ordered the vinegar brined fries and calamari as appetizers. Both were really good.

For our main course my wife ordered the seafood linguine, and I ordered the paella. We both enjoyed our meals. The paella came with grilled chicken wings.

The food, service and music at Irregardless Cafe are all outstanding. We had one of the more enjoyable dinners we experienced in a long time. The music was not too loud, which allowed for conversation.

I highly recommend Irregardless Cafe if you’re looking for great food, music and a great atmosphere. We will go with friends next time.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Went to Irregardless Cafe this week. I've eaten there in the past and enjoyed the meal and experience. Last night was a disappointment. The hostess could not have seemed less interested in her job or customers. She ignored us for several minutes at the hostess table and made no effort to acknowledge our presence even with eye contact, if nothing else. It was such poor service, we considered leaving but we were hungry, had tickets to a show at Goodnights and it was a convenient place to dine. We finally were seated; the server was ok but fairly inattentive. The meal was tasty but not the quality and taste that it used to be. In the triangle, there are too many places with better food and a much better customer service ethos. Irregardless is resting on their laurels and we likely will not return any time soon, if at all.