“Best!”

The Original New York Pizza
Ranked #1,008 of 1,545 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 15 December 2015

This is my very favorite pizza joint. The combination of their sauce, dough & toppings is perfectly blended.

Reviewed 25 November 2014

We had a meat lovers and a white pizza and they were both terrible ... Really bland, tasteless and suspiciously cheese less. They are both in the trash as I write this. There is absolutely no consistency here ... One time it's good and the next is a mess. This is our last time rolling the dice here.

1  Thank neriagechris
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I've been a customer of this pizza place for a year and a half now, and always raved about it. It was my number-one place for pizza, and I considered it a treat to go there. But my last visit was so negative that I'm hoping that it was simply a bad day. I will review this place at a later date (much later) and upgrade, if appropriate.

Our last visit was so bad that I believe I will take a break from this place for a while. The chairs and floors were dirty, and a section of the floor was sticky. The garlic knots were so greasy that when I picked one up, it dripped on my shirt (even after I tried to remove as much oil as possible). Good thing I was not wearing expensive clothing; however, the shirt is now ruined. Fortunately, I saw the grease from a previous patron's dinner on my chair; otherwise, I might have ruined two pieces of clothing instead of one.

The pizza was also greasy, and not easy to pick up or even cut with a knife and fork. The cheese slid off the slices.

I wanted to give this place an average rating, at best, in recognition of much-better previous visits. However, I do confess that ruining a shirt is not exactly putting me in the best frame of mind, and combined with the unfortunate quality of the food, I cannot honestly upgrade the review at this time. At this moment, the best I can write is that perhaps the staff performance is uneven. There was another occasion when the staff actually ran out of cheese an hour before closing time. I admit I have not seen that happen very often, but even that would have not knocked my review down that low. Perhaps that was a very busy day. I can make some allowances, but this last visit ... I simply cannot do that in this case.

On the positive side, the crust was excellent, the staff was pleasant and the pizza came promptly. That is the most upbeat I can be about this last occasion.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

A very good pizza!! One of the best I have had. They have a great two slice special for about $8.00!!

Customer service was good at the counter... However the angry guys that make the pizza is something different. They will not even give you a smile or a hello for anything in this world.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We used to drive all the way over to Cary to go to NY Pizza... so glad there is one in North Raleigh now! The pizza is great! We always get the Daily Special of two slices (one topping) and a drink for only $5.99. The only slightly annoying thing is that is NOT the special on some days (Tue and Thu). But even when not on special, it is a pretty good deal.
It is a pretty small place, but in the evening they seem to do a lot of take-out, so there is room to sit. Lots of TVs playing ESPN. A (very) small bar, too.
The staff at this location all seem nice.