“Stay at the Super 8 down the road”

Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Stay at the Super 8 down the road”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Terrible. Dirty. Fuzzy channels. Front desk attendant was cocky and rude. For the money you'd expect a clean room and some good service. Save your money...you can get the same at any cheap hotel. Oh and the fire department right behind was an extra noisy bonus.

Tried to share this feedback with IHG and they scoffed at the feedback. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: No complimentary breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank betty j
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh-North, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear betty j,

Thank you for your feedback during your stay. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to improve.I'm sorry you received unacceptable service from our staff. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon the service we offer to all our guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Washington Township, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for over a week. We enjoyed everything about our stay at this particular Holiday Inn. First of all, the over-all look and feel of the hotel was very pleasing, both in the main lobby, our individual room, and also in the attached restaurant. Our room included a large and extremely comfortable bed, a very large T.V., plenty of extra space, a beautiful bathroom, the extra lounging chair, a nice sized desk, and a sink & vanity just outside the bathroom. Everything was very clean and well maintained. Also, every single person I met who worked here was amazing! Everyone from the GM to the waitresses/bar tenders to the housekeepers were excellent and truly made me feel at home, even though I was 9 hours away from my actual home! Everyone was so helpful and professional, while still showing their personable attitudes in a humorous manor. Any time my fiance or I needed anything, everyone was more than willing to help out. All the Holiday Inn employees were super friendly, great at their individual jobs, and had amazing personalities. The hotel itself is in excellent condition, The food was outstanding; (My fiance is a chef at a four star restaurant, and we ate at the hotel restaurant almost every night without getting tired of the options!) Great location, sitting in the heart of Raleigh, with almost every type of store you can think of within a reasonable distance. I honestly could not have asked for anything more! Excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nikki B
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Due to a meeting at NCSU, I stayed here for 4 nights. Clean room, ample parking, safe, very friendly and great staff and good location. I was given a room at the top floor and the bathroom appeared to be renovated recently. Bed was comfortable and lots of pillows. Breakfast was inexpensive ($5 if you order the night before) and a good variety of choices - you can even order how your eggs are cooked - scrambled or suny side up! As a Priority club member, I was given two complimentary drinks. Dinner was nice, good choice of food and the servings are huge indeed! All is well, except for the general ventilation of the builiding - may be due to the fact that it is an old building? I felt that the general ventilation for the 6th floor (especially common corridors and room) is not really good as there is a persistent odour (or sewage). I recalled reading some past reviews about inadequate ventillation and odour. Looking at the building design, there is no window in the room that occupants can open in order to get some external fresh air. Perhaps the hotel could considering retrofitting all rooms with windows that can be open, in order to improve the air exchanges for the room? It will otherwise be a perfect stay for me if there was no ventillation issues!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Zeatin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh-North, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Zeatinm,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. I appreciate your suggestions and comments. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. I hope you will consider us again when in Raleigh.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Warrensville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed there over the course of eight weeks for business. The staff was always friendly and attentive. The rooms were always clean and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cpo252
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have never stayed anywhere that has a better staff than Holiday Inn Raleigh. The night manager Erin McInerney goes out of her way to make the stay as pleasant as possible. For as many people that stay there every night Erin really runs a tight ship and makes sure that all of the guests staying there have everythng they need for an enjoyable stay. Davis the bartender is always friendly to the customers and always goes out of his way to make each customer feel they are his number one priority.

Out of all the places to stay in Raleigh continue to stay here because they make me feel right at home.

Tim Bigler