Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Ranked #64 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The room was nice & clean, when I 1st arrived. I like to clean my own room, after that. The staff is friendly & helpful. I'm a very private person. My privacy was respected. I've been staying here for awhile, but have decided to move on. I never had any problems here. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. If I return to Raleigh, I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I recently visited a friend in Raleigh while he was there for some extended training for work. Since he was there for a long period of time and wanted to cut costs as he owns his own business, he was staying at the Homestead Suites in Crabtree Valley.

Now, let me make this clear - places like this completely skeeve me out, and I dont trust the cleanliness of the linens, towels, etc. - even if they "look" clean at first glance (as I'm sure they'd look like a rorschach inkblot test if I put them under a blacklight). I highly considered - and almost booked - a room at a "nicer" hotel downtown figuring that it would just be a quick drive to his area. Ultimately, I decided it would be nothing short of foolish to do something like that and risked booking at the Homestead Suites so that we would be at the same location.

We originally booked at the one in "North Raleigh" (its on a street named "Appliance Court.") DO NOT stay at that one. My buddy - being there on business - arrived in Raleigh about two weeks before I did. He switched to the Crabtree address after his first night. He told me the area was really bad and there were crazy people screaming and shouting outside all night. We joked and I told him he should have slept in the bathtub with a German Shepherd and a machine gun like Will Smith in "I am legend." Anyway - he moved out of there immediately. Apparently it was really bad, don't book there. As for the Crabtree location - it suited our needs. I did not bring my wife, it was just my buddy (former college roommate) and myself for a guys weekend as we live in different parts of the country and dont see each other too often. We are in our early thirties. To be candid - the place is a no frills motel. The room itself was clean enough, though showing signs of age (chipped counters, small amounts of peeling paint in places, and an old school TV). They do not provide shampoo (unless maybe you specifically ask for it, but its not in the room upon arrival), but do provide two bars of soap (and I'm sure more if you ask for it). I definitely would bring your own pillowcase and consider sleeping on top of the sheets (I slept under the very thin, seemingly harmless comforter but on top of the sheets). I am sort of a germ-ophobe though, so that was perhaps an overly cautious move.

To make a long story short - good place to simply sleep and shower if you are looking to save money. Its a REALLY good deal - charging you $59.00 a night for a single room with a queen sized bed, kitchenette, and bathroom. However, if you are taking a vacation in the Raleigh region (I have no idea why anyone would ever do that, but whatever) or simply visiting someone for a night or two, its a decent place to stay and cut some costs. Its safe and gives you what you need. That being said, I would never have booked there if I had been staying with my wife - she probably wouldn't have had a problem with it, but I wouldn't have wanted her to have to put up with it. Three stars because you get exactly what you pay for, its not like they are acting like there is an olympic pool and tennis courts out back. The staff that I dealt with (limited interactions) were all very courteous and professional. The place is a motel and will save you some bucks which was fine with me.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back building are probably quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 12 December 2011

stopped at homestead suites for the night, as we were traveling thru Raleigh. This is the first time i have ever written a terrible review regarding a hotel!. room was dirty, floor not swept, cobwebs and dirt on floor, rug needed cleaning! overall condition of the room was terrible. Price of the room was good, but not good enough to stay in!, spent 1 hr and after 1 hr my husband and I just left. got a hotel down the street on hotwire for the same price and very very nice!. I even wondered if the bed sheets had been changed!.I believe I would stay in my car rather then stay at a homestead suite hotel! We did not ask for our money back, just left. Didn't even want to take my shoes off!

Room Tip: ask to see a hotel room, if not familar with a hotel, especially if it is a place never stayed at be...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

First inspections looked ok and from the outside the place looked nice and clean. After being in the room first thing was to make a cup of coffee. Simple task as there is a coffee maker in the room. Would be ok if with the coffee that maybe some creamer, powered milk or something, also sugar would be nice, I was under the impression that most people didn't drink coffee black without sugar. The person in the review that got 2 spoons and a fork was lucky as we didn't even get that. There was sketchy looking people walking outside so that problem hasn't gone away! Another thing was we got a non smoking room and there was cigarett burns on the TV and on the toilet seat? I wonder if they can put that down to the ventilation. By the way the only ventilation is the extractor fan in the bathroom? The tv was from 1980 but at least we did have doors on our closet so that's a bonus. I think I gave an extra star for that. Also they do have running hot water

• Stayed August 2011
Portola Valley, California
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I read all the negative reviews on this hotel and was VERY hesitant to stay here but I had already booked it through priceline, so I was stuck. I called the manager and asked her about the reviews. She was very kind and honest and said she'd do her best to make my stay a pleasant one.

I arrived and met the manager and her and the entire staff were great. I had a few packages they had reserved for me and they were very accomodating and helpful. It was the kind of service I would have expected at a 4 star hotel.

The room was clean and neat and above what I'd expect for what I paid for. Everything was fine and I would definitely go here again and I urge everyone who sees the negative reviews to call the manager and give her and the hotel a chance. The hotel isn't a palace by any means - but why spend a ton of money on someplace you are just going to sleep in? For a price conscience business traveller this is exactly what I needed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business