“What a great room! Some nice touches all the way around...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
San Jose, CA
“What a great room! Some nice touches all the way around...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Even as I opened the door the first couple inches, they had already earned points in my book. Wood floors! I hate hotel carpet. I can't think of really anything dirtier than hotel carpet. Wood floors really make a lot of sense. I don't know why more hotels don't use them. The room I was provided on the 7th floor was divided into three spacious spaces. You walked in and to your right was a great little fully functional kitchenette with expansive counters that also functioned as a desk area. Ahead a living room with a comfy sectional to lounge on. In the next two rooms, a separate bedroom and a very spacious L shaped bathroom with shower. I had been on the road for three nights already that week in three different hotels and this was the most comfortable bed and room.

The staff was very kind at every interaction. The front desk clerk made sure that they hand delivered a brown bag breakfast to my room once they heard my request for a wake-up call at 4:15am in order to make an early morning flight. The restaurant downstairs showed some much appreciated flexibility when I asked for some substitutions on my dinner order to make it a little healthier and it really turned out delicious.
And when I ran out very early the next morning to make my flight, I loved that I was only one exit up from the airport. This is a great easy location, close to shopping and restaurants. I would definitely recommend it to Raleigh-Durham travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NorthernCalifornia67
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Greensboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I work as a pilot and was staying the night in RDU. I was booked at the Embassy Suites by my company. I primarly stay at Hilton chains because of the good service and great rooms. Well, this is a new hotel and I have to say, I was GREATLY surprised!! The rooms were magnificent, the service was outstanding! I cant just name one as everyone seemed to be at their top performance. The hotel is modeled wonderfully as well as the rooms being large and accomidating. I am not saying that they are all good places, but this one really stood out. I live not too far from there and plan on taking my wife there for a weekend get away, something we havent done in a long time. There are plenty of other places to go eat and shop and things to do there. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Randy: Thank you for your wonderful comments about your visit to our Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek, and your loyalty to Hilton Hotels Worldwide. As much as you enjoyed the facility, and we are indeed fortunate to have a great building, I am even more gratified to know that our staff displayed a high level of care, service and consistency during your stay. We look forward to creating future pleasant stays when you do return on business or for a weekend getaway with your wife - thanks again.
Monroe, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

One of our dear friends from Dallas, Texas, married a girl from Raleigh, NC. There were friends and family from far away as California, Iowa, Texas and others. We all stayed at the Embassy Suites and it was fabulous. The rooms are all two room suites, so there is plenty of room when you are staying for 2-4 days. Each night after our events, we all came back to the bar/lounge/lobby area and it was the best. They have music and lots of comfortable seating. Everyone could visit, hang out, and didn't have to worry about driving anywhere. We just got on the elevator and were home ! They have the best shuttle system that took us to the Angus Barn for the rehearsal dinner and to the Brier Creek Country Club for the wedding/reception. Again, have your fun and someone else drives you home. Also we had the free drinks at the bar every night before we even had our other fun ! Everyone met for breakfast each morning, and enjoyed starting our days together. It was safe and just so enjoyable.
Thanks to the staff there for making it such a good experience for all of us. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone. P.S. My husband has to have a handicapped accessible room and it was excellent also.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear gpope: Thank you for sharing the pleasant details of your family gathering at the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek during this special occasion. We are indeed fortunate to be very accessible to both the Angus Barn and Brier Creek Country Club - both excellent dining and reception venues (along with our hotel!) We are happy that our staff was able to help make this occasion a great experience during this celebration. We hope to see you and your families often, thank you very much.
Dunwoody GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I love this hotel. I have stayed there several time and have another trip coming up in May. Because I was traveling alone it was the first time I had ever stayed in a "regular" hotel room instead of a suite. It was a nice room, quite modern. I loved the chair in the room and the very upscale, snazzy bathroom. I want one like that at my house. The breakfast, as always, was great and so was the manager's reception. I used the shuttle to go to the "Angus Barn" and the driver was very efficient and friendly. Also I was very please that they had bell service. I arrived about
9 PM and I don't travel light. So I was so excited when I arrived and registered and asked to use a luggage cart. The immediately said we have a bellman!!! I also use bell service as I was leaving.

I was in Raleigh visiting my daughter and I had several packages for her. The hotel kept those packages for her until she could pick them up later that day. That saved me about an hour in time because I did not have to deliver these things to her house.

Th downside to this trip happened on my last night there--which happened to be a Saturday night. I was driving 7 hours the next day and I had planned to have my lights out by 11 PM because I had to get up at 5:30 AM to get to my next destination on time.

AS soon as I turned my lights out, a party began in the room next door. I tolerated it for about 30 minutes. After that time I called the desk to report the noise. They said they would take care of it. One hour later, the party was still going on. I called the desk again. They said they would investigate. Another hour later I got up and dressed and went down to the desk. This was about 1:30 or 2 AM. At the desk, two gentlemen told me that they had been to the floor and they did not hear any noise. I said that they must have gone to the wrong floor. One of them agreed to come up to my floor and when we arrived the party was still going on.

Next I was told to come downstairs to see what we could work out. They told me that these people were not doing anything wrong but they would move me to another room. I don't pack lightly so they did agree I could leave my things in the room and just move to the new room to sleep. This was a big inconvenience and of course it was after 3 AM before I got in bed. I know people like to enjoy themselves but this noise was too lout for anyone to sleep. I am surprised that no one else called to report this.

The noise was a problem but I was quite upset at the way I was treated. I felt Like I was the one that had done something wrong.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cdjackets
Dear cdjackets; Thank you for making us your hotel choice when you visit the Raleigh area, and for taking the time to share your experiences and observations about our hotel. We deeply regret that we did not provide the care, empathy and solution that was needed when disturbed by late night noise - we recongize that a sense of security and care is of utmost importance to our guests while staying at our hotel. This is not typipcal for our hotel (both the disturbance and the response), but we have reviewed your experience with our Guest Services team, so that we can respond more appropriately if we might encounter similar situations. Thank you for your consideration.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

For a moderately priced hotel you can't beat this embassy! New, clean, great amenities and pool, 2 free bar drinks per person daily with appetizers and free nice cooked breakfast. Located in a very nice part of town. Their restaurant Flying Spoons is awesome and very reasonable. This was our third stay here and as always we love it. My parents refrigerator in the room wasn't cleaned out....they complained and next thing they knew they had a certificate for free dinner and desserts. The staff is awesome! Love Walter in the restaurant/starbucks area

Stayed April 2012
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
dear Jayme C: Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel, and for recognizing Walter - he is indeed an asset to our team. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay, an enjoyable visit to our indoor swimming pool, and that our complimentary breakfast and the cafe - Flying Spoons - were to your taste. I am sorry to hear of our oversight in cleaning out the suite refrigerator, and glad that our staff responded to this concern promptly - your overall satisfaction with the total stay is of utmost importance to us. Our best to you during your travels, we look forward to seeing you on your return to the Raleigh area.