Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW
Ramada Raleigh(Raleigh)(Great Value!)
US$ 101
US$ 95
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree(Raleigh)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
Fairfield Inn
US$ 293
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnc statestayed herecinnamon bunsfront deskindoor poolgas stationa recent business triproom was cleanwould stay againlate at nightyogurtthe breakfast areanext morningnice breakfastdowntown areastaff was friendlychecking out
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have stayed at this location several times and it is always a good stay. I found this place when my normal Raleigh Hotel was overbooked and I was pleased at what I found. The location was good as it is far enough away from I-40 that you do not hear any road noise. It is not very far to get to food and NC State is just up the road on Gorman St. The facility is well maintained and the rooms are very clean. I have always stayed in the King rooms, and they are very well equiped. Wireless internet, large LCD tv's and plenty of desk space to get some work done. The breakfast bar is the standard Holiday inn Express fare, but the atmosphere in the breakfast area is nice with a gas fireplace and a large screen tv. The food was good and the area was very clean. Front desk staff is always good, I have no complaints with this hotel.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Unfortunately, that “other” hotel lost out and we gained! We plan to take the best care of you, while you visit the Greater Raleigh area. Thank you for your kind words. (Now that spring/summer is upon us don’t forget your bathing suit next time)

Gratefully,

Milton P. Hamilton

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Our loyalty is 100% with Holiday Inn Express now. Their pet-friendly hotel saved our vacation plans this week. Forever grateful.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ElizCarolina
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

We appreciate your stay and welcome your loyalty to our brand. There are allot of choices of hotels and we are glad you and your pet chose us! We look forward to your return visit :)

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Had a few issues that sort of annoyed me.

We were notified that the points program for Holiday Inn would be revamped soon and decided to redeem our points before the changes took effect. We packed up the family for a quick overnight stay.

Upon check-in, we requested to upgrade our standard/double-bed room to include a sleeper sofa, to better accommodate our son. We were told that the point redemption was only for a standard room. We were a bit perplexed since we were already paying to add additional points for the one night stay in the first place. If we were willing to pay more for it, what difference would it make which type of room? Heck, it's money! It's YOUR rewards program, you should be able to make exceptions, right?

In a nutshell:

Pros:
Bed was comfortable
Complimentary breakfast was excellent
Received a free newspaper
Indoor pool
Exercise room
Laundry room

Cons:
Found hair in tub
Pool water was on the cool side
Had to ask for our tables to be cleaned for breakfast, after noting several were dirty
Internet connection was on the slow side
Staff was cordial but not accommodating with their own program

It was necessary to travel a short way down the road to access food/grocery items. There was also an independent delivery service available if you ordered take-out from a nearby restaurant.

I'm glad we could use our points before they were diluted under a new program, but I can't say we will be rushing to rack up additional points anytime soon. With all the amenities they have, it's still a good deal, I just wish they were more accommodating with their accommodations. It definitely would have shaped a more pleasant experience for us.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LPShareTube

Thank you for being a very valued Priority Club member. We do our best to accommodate our most loyal guests, Priority Club members; however in some instance it’s not always possible. When redeeming your Priority Club points for a Reward Night reservation, those points are only able to reserve a standard room. We do offer complimentary upgrades, when available, to our Platinum members. When those complimentary upgrades are not available, our only recourse is to accommodate the original reservation. I am truly sorry that we could not accommodate you as requested. We are in the business of accommodating and that’s just what we try to do.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss this stay in detail. Free feel to contact myself, Milton Hamilton GM, at the hotel when convenient for you. We value all our guests and want everyone to enjoy their time with us. I am confident we can agree on something :)

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2012

From checking in to express check out was fabulous. The owner, Bill and the young lady on third shift was phenomenal. We spent New Years weekend here and they made it feel like a home away from home. We missed the breakfast, but I can only imagine great service and food first thing in the morning. In my group there was 5 people and we checked in a two queen bed and a pull out sofa and it was more than enought room for us all and one of us is handicap. So we need the extra room and bathroom support and etc...There is nothing my group or I can say bad about this place. :) OW YEA! The pool,Jacuzzi was great after a ruff and fun weekend. :) Area was very clean and quite and relaxing. When i come back to the area, I will stay here again. THANKS TO THE HOLIDAY INNN STAFF!

Room Tip: If your booking online and plan to bring friends along, make sure to add them to the list of people staying with you. So if they get there before you, they can go ahead an check in with ease.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Benjamin Franklin famously said, “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man (or women).” Thanks for spending your New Year’s weekend with us!! We will look forward to your return visit.

In hospitality,

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed on the weekend of the 22nd and it was way above what I expected. From check to checkout everyone was helpful. Alex at the front desk was kind and very helpful in ensuring I had an excellent stay. The room was very clean and spacious. The entire hotel was in tip top shape, the managers at this property deserve a promotion. As a manager at a boutique luxury hotel in NYC it was good to see a hotel chain that hasn't gone to the dumps but focuses on quality service and cleanliness. Will definitely stay here when I come back to NC.

• Stayed: October 2011
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thank you for your recent stay and beautiful comments. Alex, the entire staff, and I work hard to keep our property in tip top shape. We strive for excellence and it is rewarding when our efforts are recognized with such high remarks. We will surely be rewarding Alex for her efforts in accommodating you! See you back soon.

In hospitality,