“Great place to stay for 1 night of business”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Chicagoland
“Great place to stay for 1 night of business”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Had a great 1 night stay here middle of the week. Nice quiet and comfy room. Plenty of cable channels. The on-site restaurant was very nice for a late dinner and cook-to-order breakfast was wonderful along with the fresh fruit. I usually stay at Hampton but am rethinking that Hilton Garden Inn may be the better way to go in the future after this positive experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The people I cant express enough how great they were. We stayed here for a cheerleading competition and they made it so easy on us. Our girls had to be at the arena very early in the morning and would be gone before the big breakfast started so they made up bags for us to take first thing in the morning and delivered them to the room. Muffin, milk, banana, and some peanut butter...totally there idea as well. They room was clean and nice great price! Pool was great, girls played with others well maintained. I love Hiltons there the best hotels!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank CarolinaWright
Germany
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful vacation to the southern Caribbean. We were so excited to go on this trip, since it included a fabulous cruise that ran from Antigua to Barbados. Because our flight to Antigua left at 7:00am, we decided to spend a night at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU Airport. My husband chose this hotel because he collects HiltonHonor points and because it's located very close to the airport. RDU is the code for Raleigh-Durham airport.

Checking in

Checking in at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU was simple. They had our reservation all ready in the database and our room was ready.

The room

The inn features "sleep number" beds. Neither my husband nor I had ever used one of these beds before. I have to admit, I didn't really play with it too much because I was so excited about our impending cruise. The room was decorated in purples and greens and included a nice hi-def flatscreen television, writing desk, WiFi, microwave, and a refrigerator.

The bathroom

The bathroom wasn't extraordinarily exciting or anything. It was generously sized with a tub/shower combination and good toiletries. The water pressure in the shower was good and there was plenty of hot water.

Other amenities

The Hilton Garden RDU has a fully functioning restaurant, an exercise room, an indoor pool, and a business center. I would have liked to have tried the pool, but realized that my swimsuit would get wet and that would make it a challenge to pack for our big trip.

We did spend some time in the restaurant, which offered an array of sandwiches, appetizer, soups, and entrees. We sat at the bar and chatted up the bartender, who was very friendly and great at upselling booze. I watched him suggestive sell double shots to several guests!

My husband and I enjoyed our dinners in the restaurant. My husband especially liked the beef tips, which were served with rice and plenty of zing. I had shrimp cocktail because I wasn't very hungry. I was more interested in tasting wine, anyway.

Hilton Garden Inn at RDU offers room service and breakfast. Unfortunately, our flight was too early to try the breakfast.

Sleep quality

We slept very well on the fancy bed, but again, had to get up too early the next morning to fully appreciate it the way we might have. Checking out was easy. A manager was on duty when we left before 5:00am.

Other information

Check in is at 3:00pm. Check out is at noon.

This facility is 100% smoke free.

The hotel offers luggage hold, which is a plus for travelers who have late flights. Parking is free and plentiful, though there is also an airport shuttle.

There is a coin laundry available in the hotel, or you can have your soiled clothes sent out by valet.

There is a small gift shop as well as a "Pavilion Pantry", which is available 24 hours a day for when you need a midnight snack.

An in room safe is available.

Overall impressions

We had a good stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at RDU. We would happily stay again the next time we have an early flight out of RDU. This hotel is clean and well-run and the employees are very friendly. I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knotheadusc
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice and each time it has been a pleasant experience. This facility will go above and beyond to ensure you have a rewarding experience during your stay. When making your hotel accomodations don't overlook this facility.

Room Tip: They aim to please and will help you anyway they can