Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center
US$ 96
US$ 84
US$ 72
Red Roof
All reviewsfront deskcapital blvdthe check in processgreat hotelroom was cleaneasy accessrestaurants and shoppingrecommend this hoteloff the highwayearly checkvery nice stayindoor poolfitness centerwould stay againstaff was friendlygreat customer serviceup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The people I cant express enough how great they were. We stayed here for a cheerleading competition and they made it so easy on us. Our girls had to be at the arena very early in the morning and would be gone before the big breakfast started so they made up bags for us to take first thing in the morning and delivered them to the room. Muffin, milk, banana, and some peanut butter...totally there idea as well. They room was clean and nice great price! Pool was great, girls played with others well maintained. I love Hiltons there the best hotels!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CarolinaWright
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful vacation to the southern Caribbean. We were so excited to go on this trip, since it included a fabulous cruise that ran from Antigua to Barbados. Because our flight to Antigua left at 7:00am, we decided to spend a night at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU Airport. My husband chose this hotel because he collects HiltonHonor points and because it's located very close to the airport. RDU is the code for Raleigh-Durham airport.

Checking in

Checking in at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU was simple. They had our reservation all ready in the database and our room was ready.

The room

The inn features "sleep number" beds. Neither my husband nor I had ever used one of these beds before. I have to admit, I didn't really play with it too much because I was so excited about our impending cruise. The room was decorated in purples and greens and included a nice hi-def flatscreen television, writing desk, WiFi, microwave, and a refrigerator.

The bathroom

The bathroom wasn't extraordinarily exciting or anything. It was generously sized with a tub/shower combination and good toiletries. The water pressure in the shower was good and there was plenty of hot water.

Other amenities

The Hilton Garden RDU has a fully functioning restaurant, an exercise room, an indoor pool, and a business center. I would have liked to have tried the pool, but realized that my swimsuit would get wet and that would make it a challenge to pack for our big trip.

We did spend some time in the restaurant, which offered an array of sandwiches, appetizer, soups, and entrees. We sat at the bar and chatted up the bartender, who was very friendly and great at upselling booze. I watched him suggestive sell double shots to several guests!

My husband and I enjoyed our dinners in the restaurant. My husband especially liked the beef tips, which were served with rice and plenty of zing. I had shrimp cocktail because I wasn't very hungry. I was more interested in tasting wine, anyway.

Hilton Garden Inn at RDU offers room service and breakfast. Unfortunately, our flight was too early to try the breakfast.

Sleep quality

We slept very well on the fancy bed, but again, had to get up too early the next morning to fully appreciate it the way we might have. Checking out was easy. A manager was on duty when we left before 5:00am.

Other information

Check in is at 3:00pm. Check out is at noon.

This facility is 100% smoke free.

The hotel offers luggage hold, which is a plus for travelers who have late flights. Parking is free and plentiful, though there is also an airport shuttle.

There is a coin laundry available in the hotel, or you can have your soiled clothes sent out by valet.

There is a small gift shop as well as a "Pavilion Pantry", which is available 24 hours a day for when you need a midnight snack.

An in room safe is available.

Overall impressions

We had a good stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at RDU. We would happily stay again the next time we have an early flight out of RDU. This hotel is clean and well-run and the employees are very friendly. I recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knotheadusc
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice and each time it has been a pleasant experience. This facility will go above and beyond to ensure you have a rewarding experience during your stay. When making your hotel accomodations don't overlook this facility.

Room Tip: They aim to please and will help you anyway they can
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed here for a night in Raleigh, and this was a perfect property. There was nothing special, but they did everything right. Check-In was quick and efficient. The room was clean, large, spotless, and the sleep by number bed worked. Breakfast was buffet as it was a weekend, and was also perfectly fine. (great omelette.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianinMD
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Boy, I'm such a huge fan of Hilton Garden Inns that I can't possibly recommend them any higher than I do. They're so far above any other hotel that I've stayed at that they're truly in a catagory of their own.

I'm staying at an extended-stay-type hotel in Raleigh, NC for the next week but I spent last night at the HGI in Triangle Town Center for a treat. What a nice hotel this is. It's at least as clean and crisp as our own house is. The bathroom is, as always, stocked with high-end products: shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, hand/body lotion, two different soaps, etc. A nice hair dryer is provided as well as nice, thick towels. Things just seem to work better at a Hilton Garden Inn, things like the water gets hotter or colder faster and the bathroom paper products are nicer than you'd typically find in another hotel. Those things add up and it's why these hotels cost more than lesser hotels do.

Some folks expect to be waited on hand and foot and to be in a Four-Seasons-like property for this price range so read their reviews with that in mind. For $120-$150 a night you won't find a nicer, better quality, cleaner, crisper, better experience than a Hilton Garden Inn, in my personal opinion. I don't expect a personal staff to wait on my every need and to have a Burj Al Arab white Rolls Royce waiting to whisk me around town on a whim. This is the Hilton Garden Inn, not the Sultan of Brunei's palace. Keep things in perspective when writing, and reading, reviews, please. Some people just won't be happy with any less than that for a hotel stay experience. I don't expect my hotel sheets to be ironed or my towels to be folded within 1/16" of each other and placed on the shelf as if they were pressed from a mold in a factory. These are hotel rooms cleaned and maintained by caring humans and there are none nicer than the HGI rooms, again, in my opinion.

There was a small refrigerator and microwave as well as super fast free wireless internet in the room. The bed was a 10 out of 10 as was the whole experience from check-in through check-out in the morning. They don't have a free breakfast that most guest have come to expect (demand?) in hotels, but they have a huge breakfast buffet available for purchase if a person wanted that. It was $10 at the time I stayed there.

All in all, this was one of the nicest hotels that I've stayed at, and it seems like the other "nicest" ones have been HGI's as well. I wish I could justify staying at these hotels all the time but I have to watch my expenses so I usually only treat myself every once in a while. It's always been a treat to stay in a Hilton Garden Inn and this one was one of the best.

Room Tip: It's whisper quiet in these rooms. I didn't notice any noise from above, below, outside, the hallway, or the adjacent rooms. Very well done.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business