“Very Good Hotel In An Excellent Location”

Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
Ranked #23 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The hotel is located in the midst of shops, restaurants, and a movie theater. For me the location was preferable to downtown, which was a short, easy drive away. Parking is free. There are many eating establishments within walking distance, as well as a Harris Teeter supermarket.
I had a room on the eighth floor, facing towards the Raleigh skyline. It was spacious, clean, with a very large bathroom, and brand-name amenities. There was neither outside noise audible, nor sounds from the hallway or other rooms. The bed was very comfortable. The sheets and towels were clean and fairly new. The air conditioning worked well, but was somewhat audible. There is a main flat screen TV, and one built into the bathroom mirror (not really necessary). The hotel accommodated my "early check-in" request.
There was a refrigerator in the room, but it was not working. Upon mentioning it on check-out, the clerk was grateful, but not apologetic. Also, housekeeping attended to the room late in the day, and did not fully replenish used towels or amenities. Customer service was not at all bad, but could have been better.
I booked through the marriott.com website and paid $135 per night for a weekend stay.
I was happy with the hotel, and would stay there again. If the service was better, I would have rated it higher.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

SEETHEBEST,
Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,
Richard Rose, General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Hotel was a 4 star hotel in my opinion with five star experience. Well decorated with bright, clean decor. Hallways bright and welcoming. Staff attentive in a manner that is " behind the scenes." This is one of few hotels that I had no complaints. Bathroom modern, clean and cool TV behind bathroom mirror. Color scheme attractive and relaxing. Despite being in busy location the room was quiet and bed was wonderful, one of the best nights sleep in awhile. Only rated this as a 4 star versus a 5 star as it doesn't have a ton of amenities that I felt you would see in a 5 star.
The Italian restaurant downstairs, Mia Francsco, was excellent. See review on this.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Slwalkerthacker

slwalkerthacker,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing the staff, it made their day! We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Yours truly,

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Location is superb, easy walking distance to many shops and nice restaurants. Hotel and room were very clean and quiet. Service was excellent. The Renaissance really exceeded my expectations and is a top notch Marriott hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I am in the area and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank J871

J871,
Thank you so very much for writing a review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of care into our hotel and I am glad you found it enjoyable. We look forward to see you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed a couple of times at this hotel for a local "date night" and it is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are very nice/clean/quiet, service is exceptional, and it is convenient to a lot of restaurants and shops. Parking is free (there is a charge if you use the valet). We have not eaten in the hotel restaurant but this last stay we did try the Mia Francesca for Sunday brunch (I believe they are not a part of the hotel - just located attached to it) which was really good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

jolena28,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our tam. We look forward to seeing you and your husband again!

Truly yours,

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Very Nice place to stay. Will go back again......I planned for a night for my boyfriend for his birthday, he was totally blown away. I did get the Romance Package with I will not get that again. I came with a cheap bottle of Champagn and 6 small pieces of chocolates, but other that that the hotel was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

CherylP411,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with the Romance Package, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Yours truly,