“Good Indian Food”
Review of Chaupaati

Chaupaati
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Pineville
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Thanks to GPS I was able to find the place. It is located in a strip mall next to a closed for business supermarket. I was surprised by the long line of locals ordering for takeout and dine in. Most of the tables were full and the ambience was that of a small family-run restaurant. I ordered the lamb RoganJosh with red sauce and a side dish of naans with spicy chiles. I wanted the spicy hot lamb, but was suggested that I go with the medium. I like spicy food, specially, Indian so I should have go with that but I appreciated the suggestion. The dish was very flavorful and authentic. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Went there for lunch with a group of friends. Had the standard thali. It was good, but they offer the same items in the thali everyday. The kheer was amazing. Tried the samosa Chaat and Gobi Manchurian as well. Ordered the biriyani another time, and it was decent as well.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Loved the concept (although it took me a minute to grasp it) cam here for lunch and it was excellent. Its great food in a basic environment - tasty, delicious selection with a broad range and plenty of real stuff- love the Naan. Wish there was somewhere like this nearer to me. If back in CLT would definitely come back for more. Order at counter - food is brought you - ans the smile does make the difference. To be noted- if there are plenty of Indians eating there it must be a decent Indian restaurant....

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017

For all those ignorant Americans who need a lesson in true Indian cuisine, this is the place to go. It has chaat and other Indian street food and home style parathas and many other authentic Indian dishes that you will not find in the ubiquitous pseudo Indian restaurants that dot the landscape of the USA.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I popped in on a Saturday shopping expedition. We were looking for quick and easy and we like Indian food so we thought we would give it a try and are glad we did. They advertise as "casual dining" meaning some is self serve. We ordered at the counter then gathered water, utensils and plates at a separate station and sat down with our number to wait on our food. It took less than 10 minutes and did not disappoint.

I had the Chicken Tikka Masala which was very tasty, although, I prefer the sauce to be a little thicker. My son had the Chicken Korma which was spot on! We also shared a garlic naan which was so good we wished we had ordered two!

Prices were consistent with other nearby Indian restaurants. We have a number of favorites but we will definitely be adding this to the list and visiting again.

Date of visit: August 2017