“A Hidden Gem in Pineville!”
Review of Sky Asian Bistro

Sky Asian Bistro
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Pineville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 February 2018

A colleague and I stopped in to Sky for a business lunch, not knowing what to expect. In all candor, we were completely blown away and as we both travel for a living, that's no small feat!

Sky features a $13 all-you-can-eat sushi and slider lunch, allowing you to choose from a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, sushi, and yes, high-end sliders. We marked our selections on the forms provided, and over the next 10 minutes or so, our food was delivered.

The seaweed salad and miso soup were perfectly prepared and ample in portion. After that, we enjoyed lightly seasoned steamed edamame and fried calamari, again, all perfectly prepared. Then came the sliders - hot, fresh, on bakery soft buns and topped with innovative toppings...and finally, the sushi arrived, as fresh and tasty as could be!

It's not often that a restaurant warrants a 5 rating on TA, but this one certainly did - and especially at this price. If I find myself in Pineville again, I will certainly be back!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Staying in the hotel next door on a business trip we walked over to this restaurant and so glad we did. The sushi fans enjoyed the all-you-can-eat option. There are also other menu choices that are top notch. Loved the calamari appetizer. Also good beer and wine selection.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had the General Tso's Chicken and it was amazing. I was torn between the seafood or the chicken but decided for spicy. They have a buffet that looked good but I did not order. They have a full bar with fancy drinks. I had a Japanese beer which was very good.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was clean. Staff was very friendly. Great location, we will definitely be returning soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Visited this establishment on 1/5/18 due to running across "unlimited sushi and sliders" on Groupon. This caught my attention as I have a massive appetite. The gist, for $20 a person, or $20 for a date with the Groupon, you get to choose from a very tasty and fresh assortment of everyday as well as special rolls very well prepared as well as deliciously deceiving sliders. You can also choose other items like potstickers, crab salad, and bang bang shrimp. The atmosphere is relaxed, food is fresh, price is fair, & overall this is a great place for yourself, a date night, or family outing. Definitely a recommendation. Just make sure you eat all the buns for the sliders or ask they serve the sliders without buns as the establishment does not want food wasted & will make you pay for it, which is only fair considering food costs money. Thanks for the experience.