All reviews round of golf golf trip bagels place to stay sunroom
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Come to Pinehurst every fall on golf Trip. Have stayed at The Manor several times. Facility dated and a bit cramped. Bathrooms very small. Recommend single rooms. Have also cut back a bit on the breakfast offered. Used to provide juice and bagels. Still have some stuff but not as nice as in the past. They do provide snacks (peanuts and trail mix along with sodas) which is nice touch.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms are in good shape. However, the common area carpet looks it has not been cleaned in a year or needs to be replaced. Ice machine hardly works. Small common area trash cans, trash spilling out. Chain hotels kept up better. Old is great if kept better

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017

When you are dropped off from the airport at the Manor by your friendly shuttle driver Ed and are warmly greeted by Kathy at the front desk, you know that you made the right decision. While the hotel could use some upgrades and refurbishing, the traditional ambiance coupled with a fantastic and genuine staff more than makes up for it. It is just a short 5 minute walk up to the Caroline Hotel or a quick shuttle ride that arrives within a minute or two upon being called by the desk.
There is a convenient pool room that our golf group used frequently and there is little noise to the outside area when the glass doors are closed, as our group could get a little loud in the heat of the competition.
Rooms and beds are comfortable in a smaller traditional sense.
I can see where Mr Palmer would stay here as it is quieter, a very short distance from the main hotel and staffed by wonderful people.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Although old The Manor is quite pleasant. The staff was exceptional and made our stay quite enjoyable. Although it does not have the ambience or the hustle and bustle of the Carolina it is quiet and relaxing. It has a nice sunroom and pool table. The wine and snacks in the afternoon is really nice. Our room was large as well as the bathroom. The beds were quite comfortable. If your looking for a place to stay and relax after a round of golf this is not a bad place. I have stayed in worse and I have stayed in better but I really liked the historic Manor and its staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2017

I was here for a large Conference at the Carolina, and was somewhat disappointed to have been booked in to the Manor Inn away from the Meeting site. Being a golfer, I was well aware this was Arnold Palmer's favorite place to stay on many of his historic trips to Pinehurst. Still, some of the comments on other posts were found to be true for us. The Lobby is dated, there is no food service available (although it does appear there is a former commercial Kitchen in the rear that is no longer in operation), and all the rooms are heated and cooled with thru-window units due to the construction of the hotel. The bedding, however, was excellent, the bathroom was clean, well-appointed, but dates to the 50's in some respects - a quaintness I found pleasant. There were major needs to re-paint window casings in our room - peeling terribly if you looked behind the drapes. The rooms at Manor Inn are larger than comparable rooms at the Carolina, but I do feel Manor Inn is over-priced based on their rack rate. We booked the Conference early, and paid a discounted early-bird block rate, which is probably the fair price for this property.

On the people side, the Bell Staff were exceptionally attentive both when we checked in and checked out, and the Front Desk staff were thoughtful and professional. They do serve coffee in the morning in the Lobby, and a limited selection of pastries.

Being that I was here for a Conference, I needed to walk or shuttle each day to the meeting site at the Carolina, just two blocks away. The walk was not challenging and a welcome break from being indoors for the Conference, even though the highest temperature for this year's "Spring" Meeting made it up to 42. Shuttle service is outstanding, and as my wife was able to join me, proved very helpful in getting around at night.

My wife took advantage of the Spa at Pinehurst and mentioned it was exceptional - we plan on coming back and making a Spa Day venture. We both enjoyed many of the dining options, and can recommend Deuce at the Pinehurst No. 2 Clubhouse, Carolina Hotel, and Theo's Taverna in the Village.

One cannot miss the amazing sense of golf history this Village and the Gold complex is steeped in. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Best views are to the South and West. Second floor location affords use of a Lobby Stair to bypass the Elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business