All reviews round of golf golf trip bagels place to stay sunroom
Reviewed 23 March 2017

I was here for a large Conference at the Carolina, and was somewhat disappointed to have been booked in to the Manor Inn away from the Meeting site. Being a golfer, I was well aware this was Arnold Palmer's favorite place to stay on many of his historic trips to Pinehurst. Still, some of the comments on other posts were found to be true for us. The Lobby is dated, there is no food service available (although it does appear there is a former commercial Kitchen in the rear that is no longer in operation), and all the rooms are heated and cooled with thru-window units due to the construction of the hotel. The bedding, however, was excellent, the bathroom was clean, well-appointed, but dates to the 50's in some respects - a quaintness I found pleasant. There were major needs to re-paint window casings in our room - peeling terribly if you looked behind the drapes. The rooms at Manor Inn are larger than comparable rooms at the Carolina, but I do feel Manor Inn is over-priced based on their rack rate. We booked the Conference early, and paid a discounted early-bird block rate, which is probably the fair price for this property.

On the people side, the Bell Staff were exceptionally attentive both when we checked in and checked out, and the Front Desk staff were thoughtful and professional. They do serve coffee in the morning in the Lobby, and a limited selection of pastries.

Being that I was here for a Conference, I needed to walk or shuttle each day to the meeting site at the Carolina, just two blocks away. The walk was not challenging and a welcome break from being indoors for the Conference, even though the highest temperature for this year's "Spring" Meeting made it up to 42. Shuttle service is outstanding, and as my wife was able to join me, proved very helpful in getting around at night.

My wife took advantage of the Spa at Pinehurst and mentioned it was exceptional - we plan on coming back and making a Spa Day venture. We both enjoyed many of the dining options, and can recommend Deuce at the Pinehurst No. 2 Clubhouse, Carolina Hotel, and Theo's Taverna in the Village.

One cannot miss the amazing sense of golf history this Village and the Gold complex is steeped in. We look forward to returning.

Room tip: Best views are to the South and West. Second floor location affords use of a Lobby Stair to bypass the Elevator.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 108ken
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

We were here for a conference and were put up at the Manor Inn. Though it is a little far from the Carolina and the sessions, but since the weather was decent, it wasn't too bad. Plus the shuttles are always running. It's also nice to be able to work in a place that is not as busy as the Carolina, as the little sunroom in the front is the perfect place to do that individually and with a group. The rooms are spacy but could use some updating. The parking is also quite limited. The wine and snacks in the evening are also a nice touch as well as coffee and pastries in the morning. Definitely a hidden gem.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

This experience was so incredibly disappointing. The price is so overwhelmingly deceiving. We paid $$$$ and got $.

The Pinehurst Golf Resort is beautiful but The Manor Hotel is pitiful. The dark green lobby carpet has yellow bleach stains. All walls have scrapes and scratches. And it's not because of its age, it's because maintenance appears to be simply neglected. All was fairly clean, but was very dingy and worn. Rooms were a nice size but the couch was reminiscent of a dorm room. Furniture appears to be cheap quality. Take this even to the shower-head, which is an inexpensive piece to replace, but instead was old, dingy and weak.

When we arrived, we pulled up to The Carolina Hotel (also on property) by accident. We were met by the friendly and helpful bell staff. The hotel was well lit and welcoming. It was posh and polished. When arriving at The Manor, we were met by cigar smoke and rude comments of the male guests hanging out on the porch, absolutely no bell staff and the hotel was ridiculously dark. The sunlight the next day showed the worn landscape and poor upkeep.

The joke that we made up for the weekend was that The Carolina attracts poised clientele like Bitsy and Skip from the Country Club. Yet The Manor feels more raw and rough for Bubba and Skeeter.

I still recommend Pinehurst Golf Resort, but warn against the big price at The Manor.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

When you stay at The Manor the upcharge to play No. 2 and the caddy fees will not hurt as much! Its a nice quiet hotel with excellent staff. The shuttles to The Carolina for breakfast and dinner are a breeze to catch.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I recently took my first trip to Pinehurst in NC. My job requires a good bit of travel, so I have seen my fair share of hotel rooms. Prior to arriving at The Manor Inn I repeatedly heard how "quaint" the place would be. Google this word...quaint...one of the top synonyms in old fashioned.

The Manor Inn was built in 1923 and the property has stayed true to its historical charm. I'm pointing out the word quaint because I feel that you need to be prepared for the size and lack of amenities. The rooms are small, old fashioned, with faded photos of golf heros adorning the walls. The floors are slanted. The stairs are tight and creeky. And, you will need to pack a travel mirror, hair dryer and extension cord. With that said, the staff is an absolute treasure. Everyone was polite and eager to help. If you embrace the historical essence of The Manor Inn, then your stay will be wonderful. If you want the upscale hotel room with all of the best amenities, then I suggest you book a room at the main building called the Carolina.

Date of stay: August 2016