See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I recently took my first trip to Pinehurst in NC. My job requires a good bit of travel, so I have seen my fair share of hotel rooms. Prior to arriving at The Manor Inn I repeatedly heard how "quaint" the place would be. Google this word...quaint...one of the top synonyms in old fashioned.

The Manor Inn was built in 1923 and the property has stayed true to its historical charm. I'm pointing out the word quaint because I feel that you need to be prepared for the size and lack of amenities. The rooms are small, old fashioned, with faded photos of golf heros adorning the walls. The floors are slanted. The stairs are tight and creeky. And, you will need to pack a travel mirror, hair dryer and extension cord. With that said, the staff is an absolute treasure. Everyone was polite and eager to help. If you embrace the historical essence of The Manor Inn, then your stay will be wonderful. If you want the upscale hotel room with all of the best amenities, then I suggest you book a room at the main building called the Carolina.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Outstanding food and wine, great service, outstanding golf, all reasonably priced. Hard to beat. Very knowledgeable wine steward made excellent recommendation of a wine we hadn't tried. Waitress had been at the resort for 34 years and was the perfect blend of warm southern hospitality and sharp, efficient service. Will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We found out we had booked this trying to book the largest and nicest of this resort (The Carolina) so be careful when you make reservations. If you want to have breakfast or go to the swimming pool , you have to use a very good and fast shuttle or walk 5 minutes. Personnel is very nice, have no complaints there. Cleaning service is something else. We took the bed spread off and it remained in the floor for the rest of the week. A peach pit remained in the dresser an had to ask for a new tissue box after 4 days with an empty one.
You get free wire and refreshments every day.
Wifi is really bad
Breakfast at the Carolina was good but other than buffets takes hours, in a place like Pinehurst with not many options, that is a problem!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank luciak859
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I am writing this review not as a complaint, but mostly because I was a bit taken aback at the condition of this hotel and the rooms and wish I'd had read reviews before booking. I almost always read reviews of places Id like to stay before traveling, but because the Manor House is part of the prestigious Pinehurst Resort, and because the online photos looked nice, I did not. When we arrived, I noticed immediately that the outside of the building looked old and in need of repairs and paint, but I thought it quaint. However, entering the lobby, a strong mildewy and sour smell was almost overpowering. Kathy, the delightful front desk person, was more than helpful getting us settled in. She even upgraded us immediately. I thought that perhaps the rooms would be nicer, but ours was also tired and worn - although the bathroom had been updated and was nice. The same smell was in the hallways and the rooms. I'm not sure if there are plans to renovate, but strongly recommend that if visiting Pinehurst, then definitely spend the extra to stay at the Carolina Inn.. (which seemed much nicer). On a more positive note, the buffet breakfast at the Carolina Inn - which is included in the golf/room package - was very good! Fresh, tasty and a huge variety of choices were offered. And the entire Pinehurst staff were friendly and gracious...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sillylili
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We are visiting for our son's US Kids world championship and we love this little hotel. The customer service is outstanding, we needed a refrigerator in our room for the drinks and snacks for the tournament and they were out of them, so they went and bought one and put it in our room, how about that! Every day they have at the front desk they have drinks and snacks for the kids to take with them for the tournament and in the mornings the have coffee and pastries for the guests. In the afternoon they have happy hour with wine and soft drinks for everyone, so what else can you ask for?. The rooms are clean and comfortable, for sure we'll be back here next year!

Trip type: Travelled with family