The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines(Pinehurst)(Great Value!)
US$ 117
Hotwire.com
Pine Crest Inn(Pinehurst)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Talamore Golf Resort(Southern Pines)
Hotels.com
All reviewsround of golfgolf tripbagelsplace to staysunroomshuttle
Reviewed 17 June 2015

When I began doing my research on the Pinehurst Resort in Pinehurst, NC, most of the reviews pointed me toward the Carolina Inn as the hotel of choice. Everything else fell short. So imagine my disappointment when my husband’s conference placed us at the Manor. I found very little encouraging information on the Manor so I was afraid we would have a miserable time. Thankfully, I was wrong. While the Manor does not have the elegance of the Carolina, it is a lovely hotel with a very welcoming atmosphere. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon around 4:45 and the hotel was hosting Happy Hour with wine and very light snacks. Our room was ready so we went right up. The furnishings are simple but more than adequate. We had a second floor room with two very comfortable double beds, a desk with a coffee maker, a chair, and a flat screen TV. Nothing more was needed. Now if one is looking for a five star room, this isn’t it but there is nothing wrong with it either. The A/C is a window unit which I haven’t seen in years, but it worked great (and we were there during a spell of record heat) and was loud enough to keep out any hall noise. The weekend front desk was most helpful with getting us situated for dining on Saturday night and kept the wine readily available during Happy Hour. The desk staff on Monday was not quite as helpful, nor did they do as much to keep Happy Hour going, but they were very nice. Because the Manor does not have a restaurant onsite, we ate at the Tavern at the Holly Inn on Saturday night. We had their special that night, and it was delicious. Our breakfast was included in our package and that is served at the Carolina Dining Room. Breakfast is an endless buffet and is not to be missed. Sunday night dinner was back in the Carolina Dining Room and it was also amazing. In fact, we did not have a bad meal for the four days we were there. The walk to and from the Carolina Inn is very short and was most welcome for us after such excellent meals. I had a spa service on Monday morning and enjoyed it thoroughly. The spa is lovely, but the lack of an outdoor pool means you have to leave if you want to spend any time outdoors. We had a great weekend in Pinehurst and look forward to returning. I actually did something I never do: I went to a resort and never left. The village is lovely but small, and I didn’t need to shop so I didn’t. I didn’t venture out for anything else, and had a relaxing time reading and enjoying quiet time. I would encourage the Manor to add some fans on the front porch. The porch is a wonderful place to read (except when the occasional smoker comes out), but it is hot out there and the fans would blow the smoke away as well. All in all, I would recommend the Manor as a lovely and quiet place to stay in Pinehurst. If one desperately wants to be in the thick of things, the Carolina Inn is probably the place to be, but for pure relaxation and quiet, the Manor has plenty to offer.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are great as you will have easy access to the lobby without having to wait for an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank cleophus12
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Well...it is not as glamorous as the Carolina that's for sure...and the rooms are teeny tiny...but it was clean. I was a bit surprised by the old furniture, my really horrible view of the air conditioning unit, and the musty smell, but what I found really odd, no full length mirror in the room...I just assumed I was looking fabulous from the waist down...because all I could see in the bathroom mirror was the upper half of my body. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the shuttle to the Carolina (and around the village) was convenient. All in all, a nice stay - just don't expect luxury...or any sense of what the lower half of your outfit looks like...

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Melissambz
Reviewed 3 November 2014

We visited Pinehurst in the fall. My husband and a friend went to golf school while his wife and I came down for the weekend to relax in the spa. I hadn't been to the resort in over a decade but I think I stayed in the main hotel previously. This time, our accommodations were in the Manor Inn. I know you pay for the experience of Pinehurst, but this was bad for the money. Imagine spending thousands of dollars and you stay in a building with no on site food service, a smokey smell (even though the hotel is non-smoking), no luxuries or even valet/bellhop service. I don't need these things but at a certain price point I kind of expect them. Our room was a suite with a loveseat and TV in one room and a king bed in the other with a very average bathroom in the middle. Bad lighting - probably to hide the obvious. Our view was of the roof of another part of the building. The bed was comfy but the bathroom was very average. There was a popcorn ceiling, vaguely smoky/musty smell and the floors were leaning in and covered by ancient carpet. Our friends' room was not a suite - it had the same attractive features as our room but in what I would describe as a more closet-like space. I wouldn't expect this from a Hampton Inn, let alone Pinehurst. The hallway was dim and also a little smelly. I will say that the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The bar that used to be on the property is now only for private functions but there were plenty of eating and drinking options in walking distance (and shuttle service was offered). We had to eat breakfast in the main inn, which was lovely but about a 5 minute walk. We had a fabulous time at Pinehurst but next time I will specifically request accommodations in the main inn or the Holly. There are rumors Marriott or another big chain might buy this property. I can imagine the first order of business will be to gut the Manor Inn!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY AT THIS INN. Request the Carolina or Holly when you make your reservations.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Taraehd
mchriscoe, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor - Pinehurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Thank you for your review. We are certainly disappointed to hear of the conditions you experienced within the Manor and your guest room. We will be contacting you directly to address these items and hope improve in all areas. We look forward to providing a future Pinehurst experience that exceeds your expectations!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were very excited when friends invited us to their son's wedding at the Pinehurst Resort. I called the special reservation number provided by the groom and booked a room for "best available upon arrival." The best available turned out to be at the Manor, clearly the poor and ugly stepsister of the Carolina and the Holly Inn. The lobby and front porch are very pleasant and the staff at the desk were friendly and helpful.

Our room, however, had all the charm of a 1950s motel room --- tiny, no closet (just a rickety wardrobe), outdated bathroom, view of the dumpster. My expectations have NEVER been so underwhelmed. All of the other guests were either at the Holly or the Carolina and they were all very pleased. I don't know why we were housed in this dump. If you go to Pinehurst, be aware that all the properties are not created equal and if they try to book you into the Manor, run for the nearest Motel 6.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE. Request a room at the Carolina or Holly Inns.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ceeveedee
mchriscoe, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor - Pinehurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your review and the positive reflection of the staff at the Manor. I’m certainly disappointed to hear of the conditions you experienced within the guest room in what should have been a memorable stay. Please reach out to me personally at matt.chriscoe@pinehurst.com with your check-in date and confirmation number. With this information I can investigate the guest room in question and ensure each concern is addressed. And should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me personally so we can provide a Pinehurst experience that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was perfect for our one week stay in Pinehurst. The hospitality was above our expectations and made the trip much more enjoyable. Along with old world charm you do have a few wear and tear issues ... the floors in our room were not level and my only recommendation is to really put forth an effort to level the bed frames. We had fun putting inside the hotel rooms with the floor angles. Another huge benefit is the fast and efficient shuttle service with full access to the other two hotels that have swimming pools and dining rooms. All three hotels (Manor Inn, Carolina Hotel and Holly Inn) are within a short walk to the Pinehurst Village area. We would return anytime and stay at these hotels. A highlight was finding JC Consignments on McCaskill and Rattlesnake RD where we found a few Hickory shaft clubs at a reasonable price. Played Pinehurst No. 3 & 6 ... I don't think a bad course is in the Pinehurst vocabulary.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, ask that your bed frame is shimmed and level. In summer, turn the A/C on high 30 min before bedtime then set to low cool and low fan for a perfect nights rest.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family