“Beautiful, Clean, and Cozy cabin tucked away on...”
Welcome to Kitty's Cabin
Aerial view View from deck and hot tub
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Aerial view
View from deck and hot tub
Hot tub on top deck
Bedroom w/queen
Full Bath
Upstairs bedroom w/queen
Upstairs bedroom w/queen
Loft area w/ full sleeper
Loft area w/ TV
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Vampandth...
“Awesome and awful ”
Reviewed 9 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Pros: This is an amazing cabin. It is beautiful and private. It is cozy and comfortable and remotely situated for ultimate privacy and enjoyment of the surrounding forest and mountains. The layout of the cabin is well planned to host a romantic getaway for two or a small family vacation. The kitchen is well stocked,the hot tub is well placed for relaxing and enjoying the gorgeous view. The rental company is easy to work with and hospitable, even providing basic amenities and a complimentary loaf of homemade sweet bread at arrival.
Cons:The driveway...after arriving at the property(and only after arriving) did I notice the reviews mentioning the steep gravel driveway-which seems to be a point of contention with the rental property, as they continue to suggest that the issues previous reviewers have listed are either fixed or simply exaggerated...they are not. Yes,maybe you don't HAVE to have 4WD or AWD to get up the driveway but I certainly believe it should be a suggestion on this property(not a requirement,but a suggestion) at least that way you know what you are in for. I DID NOT....I've never had an actual panic attack on a vacation before but that's what I ended up with on this one. I slid backwards several feet several times trying to reach the top of the drive in my compact car which I was Never able to do. Then I was stuck backing down the narrow drive (which has deep ruts and is rain washed out on both sides) only to end up parking at the bottom of the drive on a steep incline, which is a 45 degree angle to the main drive(also gravel,deeply rutted,washed out in places and steep)so be careful backing out of the driveway(I ending up pulling into the neighbors drive and backing into the bottom of this one). I simply believe that this should be noted on the property information listing-note that there are no pictures showing the driveway,or the property from that angle.
Other small things like a glass of dirty water and cigarette butts near the hot tub and the completely frozen over automatic ice machine on the refrigerator pale in comparison but were still somehow missed by both a housekeeper and inspector.
All in all this is a beautiful, remote property which can be enjoyed by outdoor enthusiasts and hot tub soaking home bodies...as long as you can make it to the top of the mountain.

rachelbea...
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful, Clean, and Cozy cabin tucked away on the mountain top”
Reviewed 2 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

The location was remote enough to feel secluded and private, but it was a short drive to Black Mountain for restaurants and shopping. The cabin was EXTREMELY clean and cozy upon arrival. All of the furniture was very high-end and comfortable, and the gas fireplace kept the entire cabin very warm. The hot tub worked great and had a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains. The kitchen had every appliance you could possibly need (i.e. blender, breadmaker, full set of pots and pans, etc.) and the wifi connection was strong enough for multiple devices to be connected at once and not a single connection issue arising. Plenty of blankets were in the dresser drawers for using out in the living room or just an extra blanket for the beds. Also, while we were there, a huge snowstorm hit (first weekend of January 2017) and we got snowed in. We were supposed to check out on Sunday but couldn't get down the driveway and the roads were super icy/hadn't been plowed yet. We called the front desk and they told us to just stay put for another night, free of charge, and check out on Monday when the temperatures rose enough to start melting some of the ice. Greybeard Rentals hospitality is 5 stars.

I would recommend this cabin to anyone and when I go back to Black Mountain, I will likely be re-booking this rental. Thanks Greybeard for making the booking process smooth and easy!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
9 Mar 2017
Thank you for this helpful review! I'm so glad you were pleased with the stay, and we appreciate the compliments on our service. Please do come back soon! We'd love to welcome you back. - Greybeard Rentals team
Harmsc2
“Great mountain weekend!”
Reviewed 1 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We had an amazing time at the kitty cabin with Greybeard rentals, the only thing I would've suggested is to make it known that the Kitty Cabin's driveway is extremely steep and not suited for stick shift or smaller cars. We were lucky to have one 4wheel drive SUV that allowed us to travel down. But for the other cars, once your were up, you definitely didn't want to risk it again. Other than that it was a fantastic stay! Extremely homey and still within an enjoyable driving distance to main Asheville attractions.

Management Response
9 Mar 2017
Thanks for the feedback! The owner has re-graded the driveway since your January stay. I'm so glad you had a good time at Kitty's Cabin - and we'd love to welcome you back some day soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing