All reviews bungalow room clark family cottage complex direct tv within walking distance front porch step back in time wi fi wonderful stay retro office island motel efficiency clothesline refrigerator accommodations
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

My husband an i come to the island often and usually stay for a month or two..but this was just a quick visit to celebrate my son (who lives on Ocracoke) birthday. ..We often recommend Edwards to our friends but we ourselves have never stayed there because we have dogs and there is a no pet policy... We were leaving our pooches behind for this visit so i booked a 1 bedroom cottage unit....1st..the parking under the cottage was great and convenient for packing and unpacking...a great screened in porch where we enjoyed each night and accommodations that left us wanting for nothing. I am a bit of a clean freak but these people got the clean thing covered. .i always bring my own linens and towels but i was totally comfortable using what they provided..did i mention how clean everything was!!! The cottage was very retro in a cool way and we loved it. We had a couple minor problems that the staff address immediately. .Sarah was especially helpful... I hope that in the future the owners will designate a unit to be pet friendly and than we would definitely be frequent guests...

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Although it's been a year since our stay, I have decided to respond to a very negative review that I read concerning Trudy. I hate anyone to treat someone unfairly. Our cottage was new and fantastic. Our only issue was a washing machine that was cranky. We reported it to the front desk. Trudy showed up in 5 minutes in a super drenching rainstorm. She "laid hands" on the machine, and we were able to use it the rest of the trip with it only being a little cranky. The view of the lighthouse from our cottage will never be forgotten. We enjoyed the outdoor shower. Our stay was a great experience. We like Trudy.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Friendly front desk very quaint and quiet.
Been coming for years and always a great experience. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. Love the porch. Located on a quiet block near 2 of my favorite place to eat.

Room tip: Love the porch rooms its a great place to relax
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We have always wanted to stay on Ocracoke and finally did. Edwards will be our choice from now on. We stayed in a bungalow room and it was perfect. It was extremely clean, close to town, on a nice quiet street. We rented bikes from Edwards and other than driving to the beach we rode everywhere else. There is no coffee maker so either take your own (which we did) or get great coffee from the food truck on the corner. There are rockers on the porch which we used each morning. Can't say enough good about Edwards!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2016

The hotel was adorable on the inside and it may have been the cleanest room I have ever stayed in! The staff was really pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend the place and plan on staying there again!

Room tip: The bungalow rooms are a bit small. If you have kids, you might want the next size up.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple