Edwards of Ocracoke Rooms and Cottages
US$ 267
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$ 224
US$ 224
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$ 194
US$ 112
  • Restaurant
US$ 156
Village Motel(Hatteras Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
TripAdvisor
All reviewscourtyard roomscreened in porchdirect tvalarm clockride bikesshopping and restaurantsthe main dragin seasonlarge roomstep back in timewonderful staythe outer bankslocation is greatlaid backretroislandmotel
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We have always wanted to stay on Ocracoke and finally did. Edwards will be our choice from now on. We stayed in a bungalow room and it was perfect. It was extremely clean, close to town, on a nice quiet street. We rented bikes from Edwards and other than driving to the beach we rode everywhere else. There is no coffee maker so either take your own (which we did) or get great coffee from the food truck on the corner. There are rockers on the porch which we used each morning. Can't say enough good about Edwards!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2016

The hotel was adorable on the inside and it may have been the cleanest room I have ever stayed in! The staff was really pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend the place and plan on staying there again!

Room Tip: The bungalow rooms are a bit small. If you have kids, you might want the next size up.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We stayed in the courtyard which is more like a little cabin as it had a small screened porch. Not many amenities - coffee maker and refrigerator were included....not even any dishes except for disposable cups; but since I don't drink coffee it was fine. We arrived after hours in a gully washer so I had an interesting introduction to the place; but we were called with info as to where our unit was located and where the check in info would be. Stepping out of the car into the 8 inches of standing water was a shock as was the amount of rain falling as I retrieved information; but the room was so inviting that I did not mind. The beds were quite comfortable, the windows were open for the breeze and the air conditioning worked well. Bathroom was small; but it was well furnished and the shower was wonderful. There were tables right outside the door for eating and a large shaded swing was across the courtyard. We were "off the main drag" which was a plus; but it was within walking distance of everything in town. In fact, we walked over 8 miles the next day taking in all those in town sights. The staff could not have been more accommodating especially since I had forgotten about the late check in and had not called them. Thank goodness they reached me as I was on the ferry during the last check in hour. There was a container of fresh ice in the freezer when we arrived and we were able to pick up extra the next day. Check in and out was a breeze. I did have to call to make the reservation; but that was no problem. The facility is old; but so am I. As long as it is well maintained and clean, I can accept old. It was. I would stay again if I ever returned to the area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank plantotravelmore
Reviewed 18 June 2016

An older motel that quickly becomes apparent the owners have no issue against spending money keeping the place in great condition. There are three levels of accommodations offered, so choose the one to best fit your needs.
My wife and I stayed in a bungalow, the basic offering, where you essentially sleep, shower, and change clothes. The unit was very clean, well kept and shared a large shady porch with the other four units, rocking chairs included. The windows worked so one could enjoy an island breeze (not in June, lol), the walk in shower had ample hot water, and the A/C was cold. Satellite TV and Wifi are included and you can't hear your neighbors through the walls.
Aside from parking bein a bit of a pinch with full occupancy I would stay here again.
Oh, the owners are really nice too.

Room Tip: There are three levels of accommodations. Be sure to choose the right one for your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott D
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Very pleased! The cleanest hotel room ever! I loved the mid century modern theme, very stylish! Great service too! We stayed in a courtyard room with a screened in porch, perfect for evenings. Comfortable bed. Overall, extremely pleased!! By the way, excellent value!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple