Edwards of Ocracoke Rooms and Cottages
All reviewscourtyard roomscreened in porchdirect tvalarm clockride bikesshopping and restaurantsthe main dragin seasonlarge roomstep back in timewonderful staythe outer bankslocation is greatlaid backretroislandmotel
Reviewed 22 July 2015

The room I stayed in was pretty small. It had a queen size bed, dresser and a small chair. The bathroom is also pretty small. The a/c unit was leaking water onto the carpet. It wasn't a terrible gushing amount of water, but I am sure it didn't help the mildew odor in the room. That was probably the biggest issue I had. The mildew smell was pretty bad. I know part of that is age, but I am guessing the other part is the a/c issue. The TV is super tiny. I want to say 19" maybe. We didn't watch too much TV so it wasn't a big deal. They should really consider upgrading their toilet paper. It is the cheapest toilet paper I have ever seen in a hotel. I understand wanting to cut costs, but toilet paper is not the place to do it.

It is in a fun location on the island. It's no where near the beach, but you can walk to a number of restaurants and shops from the hotel, which makes it fun. It's definitely an inexpensive alternative to some of the other places we looked at, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
hwclark, Owner at Edwards of Ocracoke Rooms and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

So sorry you were not satisfied with your accommodation. Had we known of your issues, we surely would have tried to correct them?

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

We live Edward's Courtyard rooms and have stayed at least once per year for the past 5 years. This year we had 4 other couples with us, some with kids and some without, and Haida great time hanging out in the courtyard. The staff is excellent and rooms very clean.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited Ocracoke island,we loved it!We stayed at Edwards of Ocracoke .It was like a step back in time,everyone was so friendly the rooms were very clean and we loved the screened in porch.It was a much needed relaxing vacation.We didn't want to leave.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2015

Lovely place very clean room and the shower was amazing. Slept better than we do at home. Bike rentals are $6/person/day but it's the best way to get around the island. No pool and the beach is a long walk too. We actually stayed June 2014. Strongly recommend taking the Swan's Landing Ferry cause the drive from the Hatteras ferry is a nightmare.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a place with a pool when in Ocracoke
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We stayed here one night on our way to Cedar Island. The room was very small but clean and tidy. If staying for an extended time, I would ask for one of the larger rooms. If you miss the charm of the older motels of the 50's & 60's then these bungalows will take you back into the days of yester year.

Room Tip: The standard room is very small and if available, I would try for a larger room.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple