New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A wonderful place to relax” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crews Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Crews Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 8 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
Lamar, CO
“A wonderful place to relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Crews Inn gives you a unique view of Ocracoke Island, NC......What is there to not love about Ocracoke. The ferry rides to and from Ocracoke are a wonderful, relaxing way to travel. We rode every one of them. The breakfasts were not much to speak of, but the fig muffins one morning were delicious and made from local figs. Yum! Yum! We each had one of the main floor rooms with a private bath and we loved staying there. Be prepared for no keys, no tv, no radio, etc., but the duck brigade is delightful, beaches are marvelous and the Inn is delightful. We also enjoyed the bicycle rides around the island. Think....character and originality!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed in December 2011 in the bottom unit. Suzanna (owner) was very friendly and helpful. The place had a very warming electric fireplace with a very comfortable bed. Not a modern place, but felt "at home" with a couch and tv, with a kitchen to cook if you wanted to.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I love the Crews Inn, it's such a beautiful old house on such a wonderful island! I've stayed at the Crews Inn twice. Once with a friend and once with my husband (then boyfriend). The first trip, we stayed in the Captain's Quarters, which is the attic. It was pretty spacious but my biggest thing was that there were HUGE spiders up there & my friend spent most of our trip listening to me scream in terror & killing spiders. I wouldn't even sleep under the covers because I was terrified a spider would be in the sheets. However, it had it's own bathroom and separate entrance, which was nice since we came home late a lot. It also had seperate ait conditioning which was nice since I like it frosty!
The second time we stayed, we stayed in a regular room downstairs & there were no spiders! The room was also pretty spacious and had its own bathroom (there are only 2 rooms that have a private bathroom), it was close to everything & we walked everywhere! The old lady that runs it was super sweet and very accomadating.
I would definitely stay here again, very quaint and peaceful, can't beat it for the price!

Room Tip: Choose the master bedroom because it is downstairs and has its own bathroom!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Mixed feelings about this one.

On arrival there was just a notice on the board telling us where our room was and a book in the room itself with more instructions. I didn’t mind this at all as everything was clear and precise.

It was, however, one of the hottest weekends of the year so far when we arrived and although all the windows were open and a fan running in our room, the air conditioning was not on and the room was extremely hot and stifling. We closed all the windows, lowered the blinds and turned on the air conditioning immediately, but it was many more hours before the room was even comfortable in temperature.

As to the room itself (The Captains Quarters) – unlike one of the other reviewers I felt the pictures on the website were most flattering, but everything was clean so not too much to complain about I suppose (other than the temperature!!). The little deck outside the room and private entrance were particularly nice.

As others have noted there are no room keys and you have to leave your room unlocked when leaving, which is a little unnerving, although all our belongings were safe tor the duration of our trip.

Breakfast was coffee, juice, homemade granola (very nice) and homemade bread, with a few additional extras, although if everyone came down at once as they did on our last day it made the kitchen area rather crowded and somewhat chaotic.

I'd probably sum the place up by saying if you don't mind things being a little rough and ready you'll be fine here, and the prices are probably the lowest in Ocracoke as far as I could tell - so you can't really complain at that!

If you're visiting in Summer bring your mosquito repellant!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PooksNorthCarolina
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

When I arrived there was no one there to greet us. My name was on a card tacked to a cork board to welcome us. I didn't see anyone until the next morning. Breakfast was unedible. No TV. Full size bed when I'm used to a king. Window unit A/C that rattled the window pane all night. Noisy guests upstairs that came in in the middle of the night banging around.

All around terrible stay.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cofccougar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
28.6 km away
Village Motel
#5 of 6 in Hatteras Island
29.2 km away
Hatteras Harbor Marina and Motel

Been to Crews Inn B&B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK