“Love those trigger fish tacos ”

Swain Seafood Shack
Ranked #25 of 60 Restaurants in Oak Island
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 24
Description: Small family owned business dedicated to serving fresh mouthwatering dishes using local resources. Daily specials including locally caught fish! Limited seating, not designed for parties of 8 or more people.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Can’t beat these. So fresh and so flavorful. My mouth is still watering. My wife got the shrimp platter and it was amazing too. Those homemade potato chips are yummy. Best coleslaw on the island. We will be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Previous reviewers give 5 stars for the food, but don't tell the whole story. You walk into the restaurant and at first are not sure if it is a restaurant or seafood store. You are seated by friendly staff, given a menu, silverware in a paper envelope and a flimsy paper napkin. Open the menu, and see dinner offerings in the $25 range. What??! Food comes in plastic. Drinks come in plastic. Just my opinion, but I think they could have achieved the "seafood shack" atmosphere they wanted with some good decorations and paint, and ocean themed dishes. Had the atmosphere matched the prices we would have ordered the dinners, but given the surroundings, we went the sandwich, fried platter route. Glass of wine with dinner? Nope. Iced tea in plastic.

3  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to give Swain’s a try and we were not disappointed. This was our first visit and I am sure we will return. Fresh seafood and great pups!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

This small, quaint restaurant is very family friendly. It has a good selection of seafood options. I had blackened grouper and it was phenomenal. It was the freshest grouper I have ever had. My wife got broiled grouper and It was fantastic as well. I would highly recommend this place. The staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Swain Seafood Shack is a must on Oak Island. My wife and I recently had dinner and were not disappointed. The food was fantastic. I had the broiled grouper and she had the fish tacos. The grouper was perfect and very flavorful. Additionally they have several gluten free options.

The atmosphere is a little dated but they more than made up with the food and service. Highly Recommend!

1  Thank Dave W