“Interesting and Relaxing”

Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Step aboard and cruise calm inland waters on a comfortable, stable catamaran. US Coast Guard licensed and inspected for 49 passengers. Enjoy natures beauty on a 2-hour fully narrated relaxing cruise, while seeing New Bern's picturesque and historical waterfront in its splendor. Cruise pas Millionaire's row (including Nicholas Spark's house) & Riverbend. See osprey nests and possibly sightings of deer, otters or even alligators."
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I am from New Bern and visit often. As an adult I wanted to take in the sights and explore the city as a tourist. I looked for boat tours. I actually went out on the New Bern Lady. I left from the same dock. We all gathered on the side walk where they checked to see if all had arrived. We were led down the dock and instructed to be careful because the floating dock is very unstable. Don't let that deter you because they help you along the way. I found a good seat and we were off. It was a beautiful day and the water was gorgeous. There was a lot of information about the places were saw and the history of a particular landmark. There were also a few interesting facts about some of the homes on the tour. I was impressed by the millionaire row as I am from New Bern and have never seen these homes. Yes, we went by Nicolas Sparks home and the new one his ex-wife is building, Menges homes (as in Pepsi) and Dr. Sloan (as in liniment). We turned around and came back to the dock. It was about 2 hours and they stated they have one for 3 hours. It was $25 and I gave them a tip. The day I was there, a young lady that doesn't normally help was there and the captain kept asking her things or saying "I am not sure about that". We saw a few beautiful boats docked out in the water and went past the house boat of a person that I think said had been living there for 18 years (could be wrong about the timeframe). That was very interesting. I did learn some things I did not know.

I don't know how the visitors felt, but I was a little disappointed. I felt that as a tour guide, he should have some solid interesting facts. It wasn't explained if the normal person is more of a tour guide or not. I was left hanging and had to fill a few of the blanks for myself.

If you are visiting, I don't think you would be that critical because what you will see and hear is enough for the average traveler. That is why I rated it very good. Seating for about 25. I do recommend this as a nice, warm weather activity. It was worth it.

2  Thank PurpleTrippin

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

Had a blue sky day, boat left at 3:00 p.m. for a 2 hour tour on a Friday. The Captain was knowledgeable on the history of New Bern as well as up to date on New Bern happenings. The river was very beautiful and calming, a great way to start the weekend.
Seen lovely homes on the Trent River to include Nicholas Sparks home and his ex-wife's house which was being built down river. A comment was made by someone who hadn't been to New Bern in a long time about "he had forgotten how much money was in New Bern". Seen an old plantation home, seen the property owned by heirs of the Minge (Pepsi Owners) and the heirs to the Hanes underwear property. Lovely homes and docks, alot of history about Union Point and the Civil War in New Bern, learned about the old drawbridge and the new drawbridge as well as Former Governor Perdue's help with the new bridge.
Great time, great people on the tour. I learned about the Armed Forces Vacation Club from a couple visiting from Ohio. Will have a chance to go on vacation soon.

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Smooth riding boat with a narrated tour. See homes (Nicholas Sparks), wildlife and some local attractions from the Nuese & Trent rivers. $25 was a good value.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Very calm and informative ride. You see a lot of the buildings from the rivers. 2 hour cruise is too long for small children unless you bring drinks and snacks.