“Great tour, tour guide and captain, would definitely recommend.”

Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Step aboard and cruise calm inland waters on a comfortable, stable catamaran. US Coast Guard licensed and inspected for 49 passengers. Enjoy natures beauty on a 2-hour fully narrated relaxing cruise, while seeing New Bern's picturesque and historical waterfront in its splendor. Cruise pas Millionaire's row (including Nicholas Spark's house) & Riverbend. See osprey nests and possibly sightings of deer, otters or even alligators."
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Took our 3 kids on this tour and so happy we did it. It had been very hot there the whole week we were there and I was not sure I would be comfortable going with the heat. The boat was covered so you are not in direct sunlight. The tour guide was great, he is from Ohio (I think) and recently moved to new bern full time. He was full of knowledge and so funny, he and the captain had a good rapport and made us feel very comfortable. He gave ideas of where to eat and visit while there. This is something I would do again. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

We celebrated our 7th anniversary on this lovely sunset cruise. It had rained hard the hour before and I thought they would cancel, however they didn't. The sunset was amazing! And it was relaxing and beautiful. We saw 8 osprey and 4 nests. I'm so glad we did it- an amazing value.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

2 hour tour around the New Bern harbor & up the Neuse & Trent rivers. Informative & friendly guides. Great descriptions of areas traveled.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

My husband and i loved this trip up the river, we especially like the later part of the trip that took you up the smaller river, sorry I do forget the name but it was just wonderful to see the beautiful homes, Nicholas Sparks home, and the Captain//narrator was very good, explained everything, and we thoroughly enjoyed all of it !! We both work very stressful jobs, health care managers, and we took a 10 day driving trip to the south this year, New Bern being our first stop for 3 days, and this was a great stop, our second trip to New Bern and I am sure we will be back again, and would take this trip again in a heartbeat !!! We traveled with you the on memorial day weekend of 2014.

3  Thank carrie10181
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Not bad, comfortable boat ride, but the Tour Guide's script & narration needs a lot of work. Admittedly, he highlights a few interesting points about New Bern. However, there is SO much more to New Bern (especially from the vantage point of the river tour), that I felt like grabbing his microphone and interjecting all the interesting details he was leaving out! Like previous reviewers stated, what you see (on the brochure) is kinda what you get... basically a glimpse of an author's residence ("Oooh, I wondering what they're doing in there, right now), a crab trap, and an osprey nest. And once you reach the western end of the Trent, you reverse course, and bee-line home (tour's over!). Just a bit sad as there's so much more he could have shared about our great little town! Again, a comfortable ride and overall good safe seamanship, just invest a lot more time and effort into your history and overall knowledge of New Bern... and the two hour tour would really be something to rave about.

4  Thank CarlSalad
George A, Owner at Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We do head back quickly at the conclusion of the tour, so that we can go further in the two-hour time frame of the cruise. If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you would call us and give us the name of your captain or your travel date so that we can address this issue - we are constantly looking for ways to improve our service.

Travellers who viewed Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours also viewed