“Breakfast on the water.”

Christoph's on the Water
Ranked #33 of 176 Restaurants in New Bern
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My church group had breakfast here. They were very busy but took very good care of us. We had a choice of a full breakfast buffet, continental breakfast buffet or ordering off the menu. Our group tried all the choices and all were very satisfied. Very good food, the service was a little slow but they were very busy.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This place used to have live music on Thursday nights, and on the deck in the summer, but some genius decided to end all that. Guess they didn't like making money. The wait staff is friendly, but oh my God the service is dreadful. VERY slow to be served, and not accurately either. Shouldn't be this hard....

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The decor of the restaurant is top notch. While the quality of the food was decent it was nothing spectacular. The kids meals we ordered upon arrival took 15+ minutes tk arrive. The salmon we ordered was slightly dry. I ordered the crab stuffed flounder. But I was unable to eat it hot and fresh in the restaurant due to someone else taking my plate before it was delivered. I was stuck eating it cold in my hotel room once they finally remade my order. The manager did a great job handling it. But the overall service was very slow.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We have encountered this before, but thought we would give 'er another go -- dining on the deck/patio, that is. We wanted to show off the lovely setting of the marina to a friend who was in town so we chose Christoph's and decided to dine outside. The server was rather strident, and wasn't particularly friendly - even when she got a simple drink order (a cosmopolitan) wrong 3 different times. She finally instructed my husband to go to the bar and tell the bartender what he wanted. Really? My husband and I had the Seafood Buffett which was quite good, however the server told us the price was $19.99 - but it was actually $22 we later learned when the bill arrived. Our friend ordered crab cakes off the menu and was very pleased with her meal. The food has always been good here, but the outside dining service has always been a little iffy. We've learned our lesson - next time we will eat inside - by a window if we want the view.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We selected this place because it was right on the water. It is a beautiful view of the river and adds a special something to a reasonable meal. The food was good but not necessarily great. It seems like a place for couples and to go for a quiet drink. Since the number of good restaurants in New Bern seems somewhat limited this is a decent choice in a great location.

1  Thank Phil1003