“Perfect View and Location”
other travellers have booked this property
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot
Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Outdoor dining on the screened-in porch
The best place in the Smokey's to watch the sun rise.
Sunrise one morning in winter from the screened-in porch.
Sunrise in summer with clouds in the valley
Kitchen has everything you'll need
Kitchen, indoor dining, hallway leading to half bath and staricase leading to upstairs bedrooms.
Kitchen, we have some spices and paper goods. Use whatever you'd like.
Autumn Leaves
Storm late one day
Living area, desk, kitchen.
Indoor dining table with view
Copper collection on the fireplace. New remote controlled gas fireplace.
Living room has a couch, 3 recliners, flat screen TV
fog lifting from the valley on a stormy day
My attempt at barn painting. I'll get better
Master bath
Master bedroom with flat screen tv
Master bedroom.
Lower deck area has a gas grill, picnic table, lounge chair and two person swing. Beautiful View!
Dogwood in Spring
Hallway connecting the two bedrooms and bath.
Guest Bedroom with Queen bed.
Morning World
Front Walk
My sweet cabin.
Wildlife
View from the master bedroom window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 26 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Paula R
“Perfect View and Location”
Reviewed 17 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This cabin had a gorgeous mountain view along with trees and nature, including birds and squirrels. The location is super close to town, which was great, and having wifi was a plus. We enjoyed the fireplace as well. It was near perfect and we are likely to come back.

20 Jan 2018
Thanks so much Paula, we loved having you there.
Ron P
“An absolutely beautiful retreat in the mountains”
Reviewed 10 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

There is the most spectacular view from this cabin. Everything is there to make your stay enjoyable. We got to enjoy a totally unexpected pleasure when we awoke on Friday morning to find the mountain covered in snow, a lot of it! You cannot imagine how beautiful that makes the views. We are hooked on the mountains and will be sure to return.

14 Dec 2017
Thank you so much for staying at the Retreat, we just loved having you there. I loved, loved, loved the pictures of the snow that you sent me! I have looked at them over and over because I've never seen that much snow on our mountain. I'm going to keep one eye on the weather this year and hope to go up if we get another big snow like that. Please come back to see us, I sent a card to you with a $25 discount; just remind me when you plan your next visit. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Joanie
Mark W
“The cabin and property owner (Joanie) are unbelievable!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

My wife and I came up to get out of the way of Hurricane Irma and staying here was a last minute decision and opportunity and our first trip to Murphy, NC. First of all, Joanie was incredible and went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and were completely satisfied. She was wonderful to deal with in every way. Once we got to the cabin, to say we were impressed is an understatement. This place is wonderful!! The views, the location, the amenities, the peacefulness, the décor, and the quality of the cabin itself is extremely top notch! Also close to stores and restaurants and even a casino if you're into that sort of thing. However, there would be drawbacks for some people though since the bedrooms are upstairs so they aren't handicap accessible and small children would need to be watched closely to insure their safety (we are on a mountain you know). However, for us and just about everyone reading this review, that would not be a problem and you really can't ask for more. Nicest people in the country here as well. I even experienced car problems and Wendell from S&A Towing picked me up at the cabin and then lent me his own personal 4-wheel drive SUV for 3 days at no charge to make sure I could get around, enjoy the area, and drive to Chattanooga TN to retrieve my car from VW when it is fixed. Who does that? Believe me, everything about this cabin and the area is FANTASTIC! But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself. You will not be disappointed. A very, very positive experience.

Vic S
Palm Coast, United States
“Comfort is the key to life.”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed for a whole week at the retreat from the end of April to early May. Our stay was absolutely magnificent, in spite of the weather not cooperating. The title of this review COMFORT IS THE KEY TO LIFE is what I always say to anyone about being able to sit and relax in a comfortable chair. One of the reasons we booked here was it looked so comfortable from the pictures and IT TRULY IS. From the moment we stepped in we felt so comfortable just like being home. We've stayed in other rental cabins in the past but they never had all the great comforts of home, including everything you could possibly need. Here Joanie provided it ALL. Nothing was missing and everything was easy to find and utilize. The place was very clean and so enjoyable.
I am a person who just loves to sit outside on a deck and relax. When the weather permitted, that is all I did. AND THERE WAS VERY COMFORTABLE SEATING OUTSIDE ALSO. We even ate our meals on the deck.
AND THE VIEW... HOW MAGNIFICENT!!!!. Just loved it, sitting way high on the mountain looking out at the mountain tops.
Because the weather didn't cooperate, we did watch a lot of TV and we brought our own DVD s to play in the player there.
I will say however, that Murphy, NC really doesn't have much to offer but that was fine because we had all we needed at THE RETREAT. Harrahs Casino is very close if interested. WOULD LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO BACK.

28 May 2017
Thank you so much for a wonderful review Victor and a special thank you for taking such good care of my cabin and for leaving it so nice. I really appreciate that!!! I do hope you come back to the Retreat because I love sharing my cabin and I really focus on getting repeat guests. Have a wonderful summer and let me know when your ready for another week in the Mountains!
Sharon K
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 23 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We love this place! I would love to keep it to myself but that really wouldn't be too nice. First of all, the view is .just amazingly spectacular. You look out over a valley surrounded by mountains from the whole rear of the house. The lounge chair on the screened-in deck was my favorite spot but, when I was inside snuggled up in the (very comfy) recliner, I had the same view. It really is a beautiful spot. The house itself is lovely - very well appointed with anything one can need. Joanie has thoughtful little touches for the renter everywhere. She has a designated power strip for charging all your electronics, every kitchen appliance you can think of, pillows, throws, even boxes of Kleenex for your spring sniffles! Complete privacy (yet very close to town), extraordinary views, a lovely house in a lovely location - what more can one ask for? Oh yes, a wonderful owner.......well, Joanie is the best. We travel extensively and I've dealt with owner/managers extensively.......Joanie is one of the most friendly and helpful I've ever met. My only problem with Retreat was dragging myself away from it!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing