“Great Little Place!”
Review of Mayberry Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
Mayberry Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Reviewed 4 October 2015

The young men in the office that checked us in were very nice. They were very courteous and helpful, offering suggestions of things to do. Check in was very fast. The room was neat and clean. The bed was very comfy. Plenty of towels(winner in my book). The room and bathroom is small but perfect for my husband and myself. We will definitely be back. Love this place.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank Meade1

Reviewed 29 September 2015

The staff was pleasant and helpful. I was nervous because we normally stay at Marriott, Hilton, etc but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and we had a real key instead of a card. The pool looked wonderful and the old cars in the parking lot for photo ops were a great touch. This property is family owned and a great price. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanne P
Reviewed 21 September 2015

When I found out it was local owner for the past 40 years, that REALLY told me what I was looking for. Very clean, and my pillows were not thin. So quiet! Great bed, cold quiet air, great coffee, The landscaping was wonderful, GREAT.

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw were great
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

If you're like me, you mostly read the reviews to see if a place is clean and bug-free. This retro 60's style lodge motor inn was very clean and we enjoyed our stay. It was tiny and one can barely move in the bathroom. Not the best choice for a family with kids or for multiple night's stay but our experience was pleasant for an overnight stay. It was sort of nostalgic to stay in an old fashioned type motor inn and fitting with the "Mayberry" atmosphere. The office workers were all very nice. There was coffee, fruits and lunch cakes in the office each morning. Oh, and cereal. The office had some gift shop items for sale and there is a gazebo area outside as well as a couple old cars for photo ops.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Old Mayberry RFD vehicles parked in front, good photo op. Very clean little swimming pool, plenty of chairs. As others commented, very clean and well maintained room. Decor vintage 80's K Mart. Thin blankets and towels. Breakfast is a Little Debbie type honey bun. Motor inn. Very easy to enter and exit, so would be ideal for anyone w/ mobility issues.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South
19.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Mayberry Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK