All reviewsandy griffith showaunt beasquad carlarge gazebotruck parkedfor salerefrigerator and microwaveroom doornothing fancygreat place to stayrooms are cleancontinental breakfastsnappy lunchnice poolstay there againflat screen tvroad trip
Reviewed 29 September 2015

The staff was pleasant and helpful. I was nervous because we normally stay at Marriott, Hilton, etc but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and we had a real key instead of a card. The pool looked wonderful and the old cars in the parking lot for photo ops were a great touch. This property is family owned and a great price. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanne P
Reviewed 21 September 2015

When I found out it was local owner for the past 40 years, that REALLY told me what I was looking for. Very clean, and my pillows were not thin. So quiet! Great bed, cold quiet air, great coffee, The landscaping was wonderful, GREAT.

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw were great
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

If you're like me, you mostly read the reviews to see if a place is clean and bug-free. This retro 60's style lodge motor inn was very clean and we enjoyed our stay. It was tiny and one can barely move in the bathroom. Not the best choice for a family with kids or for multiple night's stay but our experience was pleasant for an overnight stay. It was sort of nostalgic to stay in an old fashioned type motor inn and fitting with the "Mayberry" atmosphere. The office workers were all very nice. There was coffee, fruits and lunch cakes in the office each morning. Oh, and cereal. The office had some gift shop items for sale and there is a gazebo area outside as well as a couple old cars for photo ops.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Old Mayberry RFD vehicles parked in front, good photo op. Very clean little swimming pool, plenty of chairs. As others commented, very clean and well maintained room. Decor vintage 80's K Mart. Thin blankets and towels. Breakfast is a Little Debbie type honey bun. Motor inn. Very easy to enter and exit, so would be ideal for anyone w/ mobility issues.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2015

The Mayberry Motor Inn is a great place to stay if you want the feel of the 60s to go along with your visit to Andy Griffith Show sites. It is quite charming and the room was very comfortable and well maintained. The staff is friendly and great at giving directions. We would definitely stay again. In fact, we recommended it to some travelers we met in Mt. Airy who were looking for a good motel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends