New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Welcoming Holiday Visit!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Thompson House Bed and Breakfast at Harmony Hills

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
The Thompson House Bed and Breakfast at Harmony Hills
Ranked #5 of 7 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin
“Welcoming Holiday Visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

My wife and I were looking for a place to celebrate Christmas with my Aunt, Uncle and chlidren. Mark and Bonnie were very accomdating. We reserved all three rooms, and they pretty much gave us the run of the house! We opened presents, spent our evening playing board games in their spacious dining room, and talked with Mark and Bonnie in the sitting room. We couldn't have found more accomdating hosts, especially for our large family. Our stay at The Thompson House helped make our family holiday really memorable.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bwjoe
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
runsl@yahoo.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

Bonnie & Mark did everything to make our trip wonderful, i.e, called restaurant for reservations, made special request breakfast.

Trip Mark's specialty, "green eggs and ham", fantastic.

Perfect hostess and host....we will be back.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

I called the inn on Labor Day weekend for a spontaneous trip with my spouse and I got voice mail on both phone numbers so I left a brief and cordial message about wanting pet friendly accomodations for Saturday eve or Sunday night if they had them.
The Husband, Mark (owner) called back and left a message on my machine. (he slurred words) Eventually, the wife, Bonnie spoke with me at length about area attractions. She was kind and professional. She said the Inn had all rooms available (which should have been my first clue) I told her I would let my spouse know and we would decide in the next few hours and call back.
Mark Smith called me 1/2 hour later appearing to be very anebriated. He repeated the things I told her back to me ("you have 2 dogs, you would be coming tomorrow, you would be 2 people") and asked if I made a decision, I told him I would know in 20 minutes when I spoke with my spouse. We both had a horrible feeling it was a mistake. We felt that the owner was anebriated. I did not call back but sent a brief e-mail stating that a friend had offered their lake home (they did) and we would visit another time. I thanked them for their time. The next day, Sunday morning at 9:30a.m., The machine answered my phone and Mark Smith yelled angrily into the phone for several minutes. He said he was "upset and I guess you're not coming" He siad he had "wants and desires" and he "didn't want us to visit another time" that we should "go to hell!"
I am now nervous, he has my home number and my e-mail. It is apparent the owner has a serious problem and I would advise anyone to stay away from that establishment. DANGER!

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
11 Thank 1traveler234

Travellers are raving about these Mount Airy hotels

Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2008

This was our first bed and breakfast experience so we were a little apprehensive. We are so glad that we picked the Thompson House to stay and will definately visit there again. The owners, Mark and Bonnie, were unbelieveably kind and generous and they make a wonderful breakfast! The old Victorian style house was lovely and the rooms were neat and very well kept. A nice sitting room was available for any of the guests to relax in downstairs. They know the town very well and had lots of information available for us. Mark and Bonnie....We can't wait to see you again in a few months!

• Liked — Great, friendly people
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
Klamath Falls Or
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2006

The innkeepers met us in the driveway with warm smiles and handshakes. From there we progressed to iced tea and conversation. What nice people! Thomas House is an older home that's been lovingly restored. It's located in a quiet neighborhood close to the center of town. After a huge breakfast the next day, we left with a bag containing 2 pieces of homemade cake.

• Liked — Innkeepers
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
33.2 km away
Hampton Inn Galax
Hampton Inn Galax
#1 of 5 in Galax

Been to The Thompson House Bed and Breakfast at Harmony Hills? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK