“There are better choice's in town”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse - CLOSED

Lone Star Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I am a local and if your visiting, there are a lot of better choices in town, the food is poor quality, and the service is it and miss with miss most of the time.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The service was a little slow at first, but then the manager came over to apologize & offered to pay for our desert. Other then that everything was pretty good.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This place is like a fine wine, it gets better with age, except better!

The service here is great, I've never had my drink touch the bottom of the glass. You get rolls and cinnamon butter as a pre-appetizer. And let me tell you, those rolls are enough to make you go here. I mean yeah they're rolls, we've all had'em, but these are fresh baked, with cinnamon butter, you're not going to get anything like this in town except for right here at Lone Star. The atmosphere is great, the accent lighting gives it a more comfortable vibe and goes well with the stone walls.

The appetizers are great, I would recommend the Cheese Fries and the Texas Rose. The steak here is awesome, I'm more of a New York Strip kind of person but the last time I came here I got the bacon wrapped sirloin. The bacon is almost fused into the steak when it's brought out to you, but not invisible, the bacon has an amazing grilled flavor that compliments the flavor of the seasoned steak. The steak also has a slight flavor of bacon this isn't overpowering but enough to know that you have a strip of goodness around the steak, and cooked medium.. you can't go wrong.

One other dish I'm pleased with is the Bubba Burger. The burger has a hint of bbq sauce and other seasonings but not too strong to where you can't taste the char broiled flavor. The bacon on the burger also has the same bbq flavor that just makes the entire thing pop. The burger is maybe an inch thick? maybe 3 quarters, definitely not something you'll forget. The price range is about what you would expect from a steak house if not just a bit cheaper? So you're not breaking the bank by any means when you go here.

Personally I think this place is awesome, this is usually my first choice when it comes to steak in Mount Airy. So if you like good steak and good rolls, look no further!

2  Thank The_Big_Omega
Reviewed 4 July 2017

My husband and I went for dinner last night. It was not at all crowded, but we were seated near the bar. It was loud due to some frozen drinks being made. My husband commented on how loud it was, but we were not offered another table. This is a chain restaurant and we have eaten at other locations and always been very pleased. This time I was disappointed. My husband ordered the rib eye and I ordered salmon. Each came with two sides and I chose a salad for one of mine. When it arrived, the waitress dropped it on the table and left immediately before I could say anything about the unappetizing bruised lettuce. I was hungry so I picked out the bad pieces and ate the rest. Even though the crowd seemed light, our meals took a long time to come. My salmon was overcooked and dry. The garlic mashed potatoes were okay, but nothing special. My husband's steak looked good and he said it was. It was cooked as ordered. His broccoli was fresh and green. His baked potato was missing. When this was mentioned, the server brought one, but without the requested bacon and cheese. She did correct this. It wasn't the worst meal we ever had, but I was disappointed as based on past experiences with this chain we expected more.

1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Good service. Friendly people. Food was prepared as ordeted.nice atmosphere. Our eaiytess w as very attentive & prompt.