“Disappointing”

Lone Star Steakhouse
Ranked #49 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 July 2017

My husband and I went for dinner last night. It was not at all crowded, but we were seated near the bar. It was loud due to some frozen drinks being made. My husband commented on how loud it was, but we were not offered another table. This is a chain restaurant and we have eaten at other locations and always been very pleased. This time I was disappointed. My husband ordered the rib eye and I ordered salmon. Each came with two sides and I chose a salad for one of mine. When it arrived, the waitress dropped it on the table and left immediately before I could say anything about the unappetizing bruised lettuce. I was hungry so I picked out the bad pieces and ate the rest. Even though the crowd seemed light, our meals took a long time to come. My salmon was overcooked and dry. The garlic mashed potatoes were okay, but nothing special. My husband's steak looked good and he said it was. It was cooked as ordered. His broccoli was fresh and green. His baked potato was missing. When this was mentioned, the server brought one, but without the requested bacon and cheese. She did correct this. It wasn't the worst meal we ever had, but I was disappointed as based on past experiences with this chain we expected more.

1  Thank Judy M

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Good service. Friendly people. Food was prepared as ordeted.nice atmosphere. Our eaiytess w as very attentive & prompt.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We have eaten here many times. It's hit and miss. When it's good, it's good but every time we have ever gone for a special occasion, it's been horrid and this time was no exception. It was our 37th anniversary. We arrived around 7 and were seated in an almost empty restaurant, which is not unusual for a weeknight. We ordered salad, steaks, tea.

After 15 or so minutes, the waitress brought my salad. I suspect it had been sitting there for a few minutes since the another waitress brought our food almost immediately. I asked for A-1. Our waitress said she'd be back in a minute with it. I had eaten half of my steak before she came back. It appeared that she would not come to her 3 tables without an armful... I guess she thought actually waiting on the tables made for too many steps. I noticed the folks next table asked for bread and she still hadn't brought it in 10-15 minutes. I asked for tea about halfway through the meal and got it just as we asked for our check... which we also had to do twice.

I'm sorry but if you don't want to actually wait on people, then don't get a job waiting tables. This was possibly the laziest waitress I've ever seen.

And the food...the baked potatoes were cold inside. The steaks had a nice flavor but they were so sinewy that they were difficult to cut. I am certainly questioning whether I want to take chance on eating here again.

We didn't dare take a chance on ordering coffee and dessert so we went somewhere else for that.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Our group of 9 folks needed to eat on Saturday night and wanted steak so we settled on Lone Star Steakhouse, about 2 miles from our motel. We called ahead for reservations for 9 and got right in upon our arrival at 6:30 p.m.

The service by Sherri was great and the food selection was very good as well! Since I was avoiding carbs I selected a Delmonico rib eye with broccoli and a salad with low fat Italian dressing. Everything came out just as ordered! As the waitress, Sherri, set mine down it looked like I only had about 5 pieces of broccoli so overhearing my "dismay" she brought me another side of broccoli! What a treat for which I showed my appreciation!

One person's steak was overdone and Sherri immediately came and got it and took it back. The manager delivered it in a conscientious manner and made sure it was done properly. Not sure if they comped the meal or not but they should have if they didn't. Overall a very good dinner!

1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I've gone several times through the years and it's always had good food & good service. The atmosphere is pleasant.