“Really Good Food, but hard to find”

Carmen's Cuban Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 166 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Food was well prepared, arrived hot, well presented and plentiful. Server friendly, polite and very helpful with suggestions. Disappointing more people were not present. They are missing something special!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We got there on a Sunday evening at 7:20 PM and immediately seated. There were 4 other tables with customers.

I knew right away what I wanted, the camarons en salsa verde. And for sided I got the plantations and the rice and bean mix. It was all so delicious I couldn’t stop raving about it.

The service was informative, friendly and fast.

I would definitely go back.

1  Thank RSpicer
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Arrived for an early dinner so the place was no even half full. Was greeted quickly but after that service was on the slow side the rest of the meal.
Ordered an old time favorite, Boliche and was so disappointed I almost cried. In Florida, we get some really good cuban food, but where I live in NC there is nothing, so I guess my expectations were too high. The meat was just not good...in fact, I was almost afraid to eat it. The sauce on the top was good, but the actual meat was just not good. Left a lot of it on the plate. Yellow rice was average and black beans were too. Fried Yucca was good after some salt and pepper were added.
A good place for a date or business lunch or dinner, white tablecloths with nice silverware add a nice touch...however beware of the paper on top of the table. It is quite annoying.
Staff was professional and the noise level can get loud if there is a loud group.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

For starters, the nice reviews and unique cuisine caught my eye. It was also close to my hotel, so I walked over to give it a try. Overall, I would say the staff was very nice and attentive. There is a wide selection on the menu, so I wold think most anyone could find a good option. On recommendation, I tried the Ropa Vieja. It was good, but nothing special - no distinct spices. The yellow rice was very dry. Before the entree arrived, I was served some toasted bread. Be careful to not fill up on the bread.

1  Thank BruceR_2832
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews and looking at the menu, I guess I expected a Cuban atmosphere ? It was kinda open and uninviting. I sat at the bar. The service was good and friendly. The girl tending bar explained the menu, told me her favorites, and recommendations. The food was good, but again not special. Maybe just me?