“Good to stay here if early morning flight”

Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Very convenient to the airport with shuttle service. We have stayed here many times and have had generally good experiences. The hotel allows you to ride the shuttle to the airport while you keep you car at the hotel, free of charge.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel near RDU with complimentary shuttle service and 'Park & Fly' rates. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

It's what a Holiday Inn Express should be. We got a great rate for a weekend night, check in was fast, newspapers available, elevator a bit slow, rooms simple but clean, endless hot water it seemed, would stay there again.

It's very close to the airport but well insulated so you don't hear the planes inside.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel near RDU due to our great value, quiet rooms, and endless hot water. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Typical holiday Inn Express. Quiet for being so close to the airport. Property is showing some wear and tear, but overall nice. The staff was polite, not overly helpful or friendly. Again, for an overnight stay...it works.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Thank you Nichola for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to have met your expectations for the HIE brand, and that you enjoyed our quiet hotel near RDU. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

This trip started out bad when this hotel lied about not having CLC (Corporate Lodging) rates available for the nights that I needed. I called CLC and immediately received a confirmation number for the nights that I needed to be in the area. I would have stayed at another area hotel but HIE was the only airport area hotel with open rooms for both of the 2 (TWO) nights that I needed to be working there.

I dutifully checked out at noon on the 2nd day but the guy at the counter was deeply involved with something on the phone and wasn't paying full attention to me. I told him that I was checking out and he punched on the computer for a moment and said "your good" and I left. Imagine my surprise when I got my CLC bill and it was for 3 nights instead of 2. I believe that this was done in retaliation for calling their bluff and getting CLC involved in my reservations.

I absolutely should have requested a receipt at checkout but the front desk guy was very busy and I didn't push the issue... I should have.

If you are working in the area, stay somewhere else. Obviously I will not be staying there again in I return to the area.

To be fair, this property is decent but horribly overpriced for a simple hotel room if you are paying full price.

Also, I have stayed at some of the other RDU hotels and this one has the worst airplane noise of them all. Thankfully air traffic didn't get heavy until about 5:30am but forget sleep after that.

I know that hotels hate CLC customers when they are near capacity and have their rates jacked up, but if you don't want to adhere to CLC's contract, don't sign it.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We deeply apologize that your third room night was not refunded when you check out early, but this has now been corrected. We actually have a great relationship with CLC, and have many loyal guests through CLC who stay with us because of our staff. Your experience was atypical, and we have addressed your review with the appropriate staff member, so that he is aware of his personal oversight when handling your reservation. We hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future. As we do not have your phone number to reach out to you directly, please call our hotel and ask to speak with our GM Mr. Kahn so that we can show our commitment to your satisfaction with our hotel.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

This hotel offered the quickest check-in and check-out that I have ever experienced. The staff were friendly. They also offer their breakfast until 12:00 noon which happens to be the check-out time as well. The room was clean and neat. The bathroom was large enough so that you didn't feel cramped. Bed and pillow were comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room so that you don't have to wait on an elevator.