“Just Below Average”

Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed here from 12 - 13 April. Check-in was quick, but I used Travelocity and they still wanted to imprint my credit card for "incidentals". When I checked out, I asked for the imprint and was told I couldn't get it back but he would "shred it for me". The room was pretty clean, but a long black hair was in one of the bath towels. The walls are VERY thin! I could hear the guy in the next room snoring! Furniture was clean and comfortable. I had asked for a wake-up call when I checked in for 5 A.M. to take the shuttle to the airport, and I again asked for it just prior to retiring. Never got one. When I inquired, they had not even written it down! Luckily, I had brought a travel alarm and used my cellphone alarm also! My room was in the front, by the road, so I not only had the snorer next door (who kept trying to get into my room by mistake during the evening!), but I also had the road noise and (of course) airplane noise to contend with. Shuttle to airport was quick and efficient. The breakfast area was pretty clean and set up early with a decent variety from which to choose. Very close to nice places to eat off site.

Overall, the best parts of this motel are it's location and cost. The staff, though polite, weren't all on point with motel basics. With a little more attention to detail, this place would have gotten a higher rating. I will try another place next time if the difference is only $5 or so. There are many to choose from withing a mile of this place. If you do stay here, ask for a room away from the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the roadway out front.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
daysinnmgt, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Don C,
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a survey on tripadvisor. We value you as a guest here at our hotel and more importantly your feedback. Please accept my apology for my tardiness.
In response to your comments, your reservations was book through a third party agency (travelocity.com). The way this works is you pay them and they inturn pay us. Therefore, we would require a credit card from you at check in for your incidental charges and if there are none your card will not be charged. I apologize for the long black hair that you found in your bath towel and because of that I have purchased hairnets for all of our housekeeping staff. As for you not getting your wake up call, the telephone in that room was replaced.
In light of your unpleasant stay at our hotel I would like for you to reconsider staying with us one more time, so that you can afford us with the opportunity to impress you and show you what a pleasant stay at our hotel is like.
Should your travels bring you to the Morrisville N.C. area again, I would like for you to contact me personally so that I can take good care of you. Again thank you for your feedback.

Adrian Hanna

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I were staying in the hotel for a week and we enjoyed our stay. The location of the hotel is in the best area in town. It is very close to major roads, shops, restaurants, and airport. All staff members were very friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The price is very reasonable. Room is equipped with TV, high-speed internet, safe box, iron, hair dryer, refrigerator, and microwave. But the best of all is a nice breakfast which we enjoyed every morning. It has everything and more. Besides usual cereal and toast there are fresh fruit, homemade waffles with honey and syrup, yogurt, sandwiches, grits and more. Breakfast is available from 4 AM to 9:30 AM and coffee machine is available 24/7. Also, available for you is office with computers, printers, and fax. We will come back in the future whenever we come to North Carolina.
Luda & Fred

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
daysinnmgt, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Luda & Fred,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

I am so pleased to hear that you had an outstanding stay with us! We really appreciate your kind words and I have passed on your accolades to our Front Desk staff!

At the Days Inn Raleigh Airport, we strive to provide the most comprehensive services and amenities to our guests at the most affordable price. I am so happy to hear that you appreciate our breakfast offerings and the 24 hour access to coffee! I hope that during your next visit you will take the opportunity to enjoy our new, complimentary guest lounge!

We are so excited that we will be your hotel of choice during your next trip to North Carolina and we anxiously look forward to the next opportunity to host you!

Nichole

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for one night and did the stay, park, fly deal. When we arrived the guy at the counter was very nice and helpful. Check in went smoothly. However, when we got to the room, there was a dirty bath rag hanging from the shower rail. He did offer us another room and said that he would inform housekeeping. We had an early flight and the ride to the airport went without any problems. However, when we returned from our flight four days later and called to get a ride from the airport back to the hotel to retrieve our car, no one would answer the telephone. Another guest had also been trying to call. We even had someone at the airport try and call. They even called a neighboring hotel who also tried to call and there was no answer. We waited for over 20 minutes and no one ever answer the telephone. We ended up having to get a taxi to take us back to the hotel. When we went in to the hotel to complain, the guy at the counter (different guy from the evening when we checked in) all but said we were lying. I told him that he was welcome to call the information desk at the airport and they would verify our story. He said he was there and the phone did not ring. I requested reimbursement for the taxi and he said that the manager was not there and he could not authorize any reimbursement until they returned from lunch!!! I left my number for them to call so that I could be reimbursed. I never received a phone call. This is horrible customer service and we will never stay there again. A complete waste of my $100.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhonda S
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Rhonda,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay at the Days Inn Raleigh Airport. The quality of service that you received was not up to our standards and the information you were given was incorrect. I have tried to reach out to you a few times since this post, to not only refund your taxi fare, but also to determine which one of our Front Desk associates you spoke to. We take customer service very seriously at our property, and I am very disappointed in the lack of service he provided. I would like to look into the phone situation on the date that you arrived to ensure that there was not a phone malfunction and to determine his whereabouts during the time frame you were trying to reach our hotel. In the event that our guests, particularly those who have paid for our Park & Fly service, are unable to get in touch with our airport shuttle service, we make it a point to refund our guests' their taxi fare. This circumstance very rarely happens and unfortunately it happened the day of your return. As for the bath rag in the bathroom, we have had a meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure that they are doing their due diligence and thoroughly checking the rooms and the bathrooms so that we do not have this issue again.

Once again, I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you, and stay with us again. Please give us a call at 919-469-8688 and we will be more than happy to refund your taxi fare.

Nichole

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here NewYears Eve and, having stayed up in Chandler at another Days Inn property where we loved everything BUT the level of noise between rooms, I was afraid being N.Y. Eve, we'd find this property so near the airport particularly noisy. This wasn't the case, and but for a couple of airplanes in the early evening, I don't think we heard a single 'neighbor' sound, certainly none of the 'gunshots' and other noises folks mention associated with New Years Eve. The front desk was helpful in copying w/o charge an important paper we needed for Bermuda customs and the breakfast bar was quite adequate. The rooms were actually pleasant, clean, and modern. We thought we'd be taking advantage of the shuttle but as it turned out, had no need. The morning desk clerk was able to direct us back to the Rental Car return and RDU is a fairly user-friendly airport. The only improvement I would note is that both evening reception and morning reception weren't the least bit smiley ... but then, not many people who must work New Years Eve/New Years day are, really....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderlassie
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We really appreciate your feedback!

I am happy to hear that you found your accommodations pleasant and modern and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering. We strive to provide our guests with the best products, amenities and services at the most affordable price. I was a little concerned to hear that our front desk associates were not very friendly during your stay. While I appreciate your understanding about working on a holiday, this is the hospitality industry, and we do expect our front desk associates to wear a smile as a part of their uniform. We will definitely address this concern with them. I will say, that 99% of the time, our front desk staff is not only extremely helpful, but also very warm and friendly. I apologize that this was not the case during your stay.

Thank you again for your response and we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have not had much luck with Days Inns. They are usually dirty with unfriendly staff and uncomfortable beds. But this Day's Inn was a gem among Days Inns. The rooms were clean and comfortable. And the hotel is incredibly close to the airport. We stayed there for one night to pick up my brother from the airport in the morning, and it was so close my dad actually walked to the airport to get the rental car. Actually, the front desk staff were so friendly that when my scatterbrained father forgot he had signed up to take the free airport shuttle (which runs every 15 minutes, unlike some airport shuttles that only run every hour), someone from the front desk came to our room looking for my father to make sure he got on the shuttle and didn't miss his flight. The breakfast was basic but free, and the price was more than reasonable. If you are looking for a no-frills place to sleep that is convenient to the Raleigh airport, this is it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We truly appreciate your feedback!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Days Inn Raleigh Airport. We pride ourselves in offering guests with the most comprehensive services for the most affordable prices. We believe our staff is the best in the area and they are always taking the extra initiative to make sure that our guests have a comfortable stay. We are one of the only properties that offers 24 hour, complimentary airport shuttle service in the are and we are happy to find out that the 15 minute shuttle schedule was convenient to you.

Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Best regards,